Creative Products and dodgy technicians...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy_forster

Reaction score
I previously had no form of training with creative and wanted to purchase a leather nail roll and some polishes from designer nails in manchester. I was told this was ok and I could buy the natural nail products but I was not authorised to buy any enhancement products. Unlike some people, I was not offended as it was not my intention at the time. I fully agree with them not selling their products to those who have no training with the company what so ever!

We recently got creative enhancement products in at work (converting from NSI) and I went on a training course. I am now authorised to purchase their products but I would never claim to be fully creative trained! When I finish uni next year, I would like to work towards more creative training and then become a master technician in the future (I'm not sure if I'll ever be good enough!)...then I would be better trained!

I hope this sets some of your minds at ease, knowing that DN won't sell to everybody but I still don't know who's selling on eBay and until we can stop these people, we'll still have cowboys out there claiming to be creative trained and giving us all bad names!!!

I found a website the other day that will sell creative products to anyone, at a cheaper price that quoted by designer nails. And only £2 p+p!!!

Hollie
-x-

holliejayne said:
I found a website the other day that will sell creative products to anyone, at a cheaper price that quoted by designer nails. And only £2 p+p!!!

Hollie
-x-

Is intirely up to you...but I would pm the site address to Mrs Geek...because they shouldn't be. xx

Yeah i should really, i'll see if i can find it again, does it still make it naughty if its an american site? cos they said they ship to england for £2 p+p and that their prices are still cheaper.

Hollie
-x-

Hi,
not just naughty....but illegal!!!
You are breaking all sorts of laws by posting flammable products like monomer liquid by air mail.
Do a search there have been lots of posts on this particular subject

Is this it:

** Deleted **

I was gobsmacked when I saw the NSI offers on here that I don't even get in the UK!

No its not that one, with this one i dont think you even have to spend a minimum amount. Ive had another look and the p+p is actually £3, (my oopsie) but its still dirt cheap.
Have a look:

**deleted**http://www.beverlybeaute.com/

Hollie
-x-

Hiya x

Firstly...Mrs Geek is aware of that website anyway...and is looking into it. And more importantly...they are NOT cheaper than Designer Nails at all...they are alot more expensive. xxx

I believe that Mrs Geek is aware of it as I have seen her mention it somewhere. Maybe because they are based in the states its going to be harder to stop them.

xx

I really have no idea how much creative products cost as i dont use them, its just what it said, and from other sites ive seen where prices are higher. Still obviously not right that they can do this.

Altought this is good there are still probs out there, a certain chain naming no names but they work from a major depatrment store beginning with D******** states that its employees are all creative trained just because someone who has done creative training gives them a days training on each enhencement type!! I think this is disgusting and frankly feel it should not be allowed. They cut corners, ie do not always use CND tips, they dont use CND files at all cos they say they are too expensive!!, and they use no disinfectant (SCRUBFRESH) yet they say all techs are trained to CND standard!?!?

I know all this cos my cousin works for them and she says it's ridicvulous but she needs har bills payin.

Something should be done, dont you agree?

I understand your frustration, but a lot of people train with Creative and then choose to work with other products - it's not a sin. They're prices are so extreme and the training goal post is constantly being moved that's why so may people start searching for an alternative.

I know, I know what you meant about claiming to be CND trained and in actual fact they all aren't but what Im saying is that you can train with C and then move on. Your never committed to just one company, no matter how big they are.
C may be the No1 company in the Uk but nowadays there is a lot more competition in the Nail Industry with good quality products at more realistic prices

frenchy said:
I understand your frustration, but a lot of people train with Creative and then choose to work with other products - it's not a sin. They're prices are so extreme and the training goal post is constantly being moved that's why so may people start searching for an alternative.

I know, I know what you meant about claiming to be CND trained and in actual fact they all aren't but what Im saying is that you can train with C and then move on. Your never committed to just one company, no matter how big they are.
C may be the No1 company in the Uk but nowadays there is a lot more competition in the Nail Industry with good quality products at more realistic prices

Hi, I disagree with regards to Creative prices being extreme. The cost of a full set ammounts to £3.50 using tips and less if you are sculpting. The training was updated earlier this year, which in my opinion can only benefit the Industry as a whole and also benefit me as a technician. You say there is a lot more competition in the Nail Industry with good quality products at more realistic prices. Well, when I see them winning over Creative technicians time and time again in competitions and also Best Education then I will eat my own hat. Until then I will continue to use my Creative products knowing that they are giving my clients the best results and satisfaction guaranteed.JMHO
David

I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is and prove what you are saying. CND are in fact very competively priced against the rest of the market in most all things. Unlike you, they do their homework and what you will find (when you actually bother to compare real prices insteadof your misguided perceptions ) is that neither their products nor their training are very far away from others in fact their training is actually less than many companies whose products are pants in comparison. CND courses are very value added as all products are included int he price of the course etc etc. I wont go on because I have done my homework, and don't just spout off a load of nonsense that I've heard somewhere but never checked into as you have obviously done.
The biggest myths in the industry are:
1. CND is the most expensive and
2. CND only sell products to those who do CND training. Many companies perpetuate this myth in order to deter technicians form even approaching CND.
WRONG

Any trained technician can pruchase CND retail products and sell them to their customers. It is only the L/P that cannot be purchased without CND training at either foundation or conversion level.

frenchy said:

Jaydee said:
Hi, I disagree with regards to Creative prices being extreme. The cost of a full set ammounts to £3.50 using tips and less if you are sculpting. The training was updated earlier this year, which in my opinion can only benefit the Industry as a whole and also benefit me as a technician. You say there is a lot more competition in the Nail Industry with good quality products at more realistic prices. Well, when I see them winning over Creative technicians time and time again in competitions and also Best Education then I will eat my own hat. Until then I will continue to use my Creative products knowing that they are giving my clients the best results and satisfaction guaranteed.JMHO
David

Yep I am with you on that one David.........
The Education Program has had a major revamp and this can only be a good thing....the last training program was good but his new one is catering much more in depth for all levels of competence........The products are of the best quality and the training either the foundation course or the Induction courses are thourough and of the highest standards.......... Yes it costs money but when you relate this in terms of quality its tops.........Yes you are right training with one company does not mean you are selling your soul to this company, but if it is offering in my oppinion the best there is why look for something else.......... It has taken me years 10 be exact to find a company that gives me all I am looking for in education, service, product stability and back up..............A lot of CND Technicians did not start of with Creative, I know I didn't, but decided to convert because they offered the best there is to be had in this mad world of nails..........
And the list of successes is huge..........Most Competition winners are CND Technicians, History of success so far are 43 CND winners between 1992 and 2005 and there are still a couple more Competitions left this year, Best Educator voted by the Industry a few times too.....

i often get brochures from all types of nail companies, some are a lot cheaper than cnd, but i wouldnt touch most of them with a barge pole.
i like to know that the company that im buying from researches and manufactures the products that they're selling.
i know that i could source a cheap product line from a number of places around the world, put my name on them and sell them at a profit.
they may be a fine idea for some people, but i dont want to put my name to anything that i dont trust implicitly.
the cost of the research and development of new innovations, and lets face it, cnd have had a few, makes the range of products at the top end of cost.

i also find that the handful of other nail companies that produce good quality products, ezflow, nsi, opi, to name a few, are not a lot cheaper, and some times dearer than cnd.

it also doesnt stop me as a salon owner keeping my eyes peeled for a bargain. however, i would never vear from the core product range, as cutting corners never gained me anything.

Oooops! Hit a nerve there didn't I

The thing is....IM NOT BIASED.

a lot of people DO train with Creative and then choose to work with other products

I know what you meant about claiming to be CND trained and in actual fact they all aren't, but what Im saying is that you can train with Creative and then move on. Your never committed to just one company,

frenchy said:
what Im saying is that you can train with Creative and then move on. Your never committed to just one company,

Absolutely !!! That's why so many people that have trained with other companies then move on to Creative.

A lot of Technicians I have noticed use Creative Education as a spring board.......and there is nothing wrong with that ......

They get fab education and fab results, then move on to other product lines... thats cool if it works for them..... But in my mind that is like training with Vidal Sassons and then moving on to Super Cuts.............Also a lot those then claim to be Vidal Trained only to find out when things go wrong they have never progressed any further than the little corner barbers, but know that the name will open doors...... a bit dishonest I would say.....

Now I am was not Creative trained for more than 10 years into my Nail Technician Career....... The training as then in the early 1990's was shall we say left up to us to source with not much help from colleges or the like.......Being a nosy bunny I wanted to learn more about what was what and how does that work and why does this do this... I sourced my own education, perfected my own Techniques and this took me 10 years...... Now then along came a website that opened my eyes....... Made me look at what I knew and what was left for me to learn......made me el valuate my standard and my chances at winning even Competitions.... so to cut a long story short..........instead of starting of with CND and then moving onto another product line, I started of with product lines that gave me ok results but ended up with CND, to get even better results........
As for being biased well, I think every body is a little biased to wards something or other in their life........... Ask any Footy supporter, how many dislike a team whilst others just absolutely rave about it........... It comes down to personal preference and that includes systems... So I would say I have a personal preference.... but one that for me is based on hard facts and salon results......
So yes you can choose any system you like and then stay with the one that works for you...Thats part of being a Technician, looking at the technical side of things, sourcing your products finding out what makes them tick or not, so to give you the best possible results....and happy clients...

But I am with Liza on this one:
i know that i could source a cheap product line from a number of places around the world, put my name on them and sell them at a profit.
they may be a fine idea for some people, but i dont want to put my name to anything that i dont trust implicitly.the cost of the research and development of new innovations, and lets face it, cnd have had a few, makes the range of products at the top end of cost.

i also find that the handful of other nail companies that produce good quality products, ezflow, nsi, opi, to name a few, are not a lot cheaper, and some times dearer than cnd.

it also doesnt stop me as a salon owner keeping my eyes peeled for a bargain. however, i would never vear from the core product range, as cutting corners never gained me anything.

Thats enough of my rambling for the night
xxxx

Have to agree that Creative Nail Design products in terms of l/p are not the most expensive in the UK market, there are more expensive brands around. Neither is their education the most expensive...I've done my homework too!

Latest posts

Back