creative radical french tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that........just checking to make sure I'm not missing out on some cute little trick ;)

Glad you got back alright on Sunday.......can't say I envied you!!

Cia,
Pepper

Hey corn of pepper.

Im not Gigi (duh) but thought I would pipe in as I was just cruising the site and noticed your post.
I think what she was meaning by the full contact area being good was that you can cusomise it much easier for a cannibal. The deep stop point should always be as flush up to the free edge (or whatever they have to qualify as a free edge) as possible.

Hope this helps :D

Can you just clarify a point..........I know it's a bit of an old thread, but you know what it's like ;)

The reason the Formation tip is so good for nail biters is that it has re-inforced sidewalls for extra strength, where the bitten nail is so weak, and the fuller well of the tip allows you to create the illusion of a longer nail bed by placing the smile line where you want it to be instead of where it actually is.

When you mention about the fuller well area on Formation, does this mean that you do not remove most of it? Do you not butt the stop point up against the nail?

Thanks Geeg, I await your reply.
Adele

dazzlingtouch

Reaction score
i was never taught with these so i was wondering how to use them, do you blend them in like the velocity tips or just leave them as they are and use acrylic straight over them.

all help appreciated.
Thanks
Lisa

hi ya
no u dont blend in the french tips u just buff over with a white block to remove shine...
vicky

.... you will need to take some of the contact area out - if you just adhere them to the nail as they are, they will look horrendous :shock: your smile will be way too low! :( Take out some of the contact area and apply as normal and blend - use either white tip powder or Clear over the tip!! These tips are a cheat :rolleyes: :shock: so don't get too used to using them and out of the habit of creating pink and white with your brush!!! Just a thought ;) Also like Velocity, they are NOT the best tips for nail biters - Formation or Eclipse will always be better!!! Illusion sculpt to create a longer nail bed!! If you don't know what 'Illusion Sculpting' means - enrol on 'Makeover Magic' - that will answer ALL questions!!! :study: Adios Amigas!!

This may be obvious but why is the formation with full contact area a better tip for bitten nail?

I would have thought the contact area should be very small as there is less nail to attach it to and it should not go over half the nail plate.

Can somebody please let me know as i have a booking for saturday and although i have not seen this new clients nails she did say there was not alot of them and i would like to be able to get some sleep in between now and then and im a bit of a worrier!

Cristine :)

Hi ya

You need to cut out the contact area, from each egde to the middle and buff out the contact area, leaving alittle behind like a velocity tip. Also i was told to cut out the sides like a saddle,, but i bet i am confusing you...

Also you want to buff down the tip before you put it on rather than doing alot of blending in on the nail...

i wish i can draw a picture so you could understand, my explanations are awful

Cazza

First the Radical French tip: When preparing this tip for application it does not matter if you use scissors or an abrasive, the object is to remove (not just a little but) just enough of the well so that when the tip is applied, it sits right on the smile line of the natural nail. In other words, the edge of the tip well is the smile line.

If using white powder for zone one, you will not even need to blend the tip. If using a wrap, you may want to blend for perfect clarity. Equally with gels unless using white gel, in which case it is the same as white powder.

The reason the Formation tip is so good for nail biters is that it has re-inforced sidewalls for extra strength, where the bitten nail is so weak, and the fuller well of the tip allows you to create the illusion of a longer nail bed by placing the smile line where you want it to be instead of where it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back