Creative shortage? -Glasgow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use another brand until it came into stock...... ring around for trial pack from another supplier and that should do you til it is in.

It seems with Creative that you really DO need to buy in bulk cos they have this problem a lot. If you can't then your gonna have to be buying couple weeks before you need it (which makes sense anyway).

Emmsy least you didn't go ALL the way and the shop was shut with NO NOTE on the door - when you rang HQ from outside after waiting cos you thought they must be at lunch - they informed you it was shut for the WEEK! No warning to clients (like an email/text/letter - even though your on a mail list). Erm btw I'm mentioning NO names on that one.:rolleyes:

Just checked out GEEK BAY and there are lots of creative bits and bobs on there - just a thought?!:confused:

Hi all,

I've been told that due to the floods down in england creative are having problems getting products distributed. I am now completely out of retention + and can't get it anywhere :cry:. So i suppose the question is does anyone have any information about this or having the same problem?

cheers lisa xx

i was told something completely different!!!!!

"america "was mentioned as the hold up, and "definately in next" week also cropped up

As I said in my earlier post, Im not unfortunate enough to be very low on stock, but am neither in a position to get rid of what I have.
I wonder if there are any Geeks with surplus stock that fancy selling it to geeks in need?

After all the things being written recently about the supply of Creative stuff near enough dried up I cant see it being fully rectified really soon!

Also another thought, you know the Mosaic and Metro powders, they come with 4oz ret+ if anybody was desperate enough to buy them?? Are they in stock!?

Tiger Jay's idea was good though, to try Moxie and work a bit quicker! :hug:

Just as an FYI, CND in the US is currently working full time on alleviating the UK situation. Hang tight :)

As I said in my earlier post, Im not unfortunate enough to be very low on stock, but am neither in a position to get rid of what I have.
I wonder if there are any Geeks with surplus stock that fancy selling it to geeks in need?

After all the things being written recently about the supply of Creative stuff near enough dried up I cant see it being fully rectified really soon!

Also another thought, you know the Mosaic and Metro powders, they come with 4oz ret+ if anybody was desperate enough to buy them?? Are they in stock!?

Tiger Jay's idea was good though, to try Moxie and work a bit quicker! :hug:

this is what I did last week ...... lucky I needed the powders just hope the small 4 oz holds out for a couple of weeks !!

Thanks everyone for opinions and suggestions. as i said i've only recently trained with creative so i can't coment on any stock problems in the past, all i know is when i was in for my exam a few weeks back they didn't have any retention+ and i now haven't got any! I have only started out so thankfully most of my clients are still friends and family so they don't mind all that much.

I was told they'd have a delivery in on friday just past(by a fellow tech) but when i called they just told me to call leeds and couldn't say when they'd be getting a delivery. all i can do is try the moxie and see how i get on ( maybe it'll force me to cut my time lol). As to what the real problem is, who knows, but hopefully it won't last too long. :hug:

I have used 3 different brands of UV Gel.
I'm in Canada.
2 of the UV Gels were from the US.
One is from a Montreal distributor, but a US product.

I have never, not one single time, ever had a problem getting any of my primary products. The only delays were with customs and so it would take 2wks to get to me, BUT that's true of everything I order from the US.
If I had to continually deal with shortages...
well, I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that. That's just me I guess.:confused:

I've been using Creative for about 2 years now and I've only ever had issues once with getting scrubfresh & had to buy an alternate brand. Sometimes what I want may not be in stock at the local distributers but other then that once I've always gotten it within a few days.

Moxie certainly is a great alternative to Retention+ so long as you can work that bit quicker.

I think Moxie is great, I use it most of the time, except for when it's very hot.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I tried the Moxie liquid for the first time today....

I love it!

Nothing to be scared of!:lol:

:)
well I was trained using nsi and therefore use this as my preference. I never have any problem getting my products, at a reasonable price and next day delivery as a rule.
If you are desperate for creative products, you can get them on ebay via certain companies that trade on ebay from uk and usa.
Hope this info is of help...I've have seen retention liquid on there...plenty of it too... good luck :idea:
anna

well I was trained using nsi and therefore use this as my preference. I never have any problem getting my products, at a reasonable price and next day delivery as a rule.
If you are desperate for creative products, you can get them on ebay via certain companies that trade on ebay from uk and usa.
Hope this info is of help...I've have seen retention liquid in there...plenty of it too... good luck :idea:
anna

I always like to think that we support our suppliers here.
A minor glitch and everyones running to ebay??
Go for it.
Who cares where they come from or if they are not what they seem to be?
Stolen?
Crappy old stock?
Oh and btw I'm not a Creative tech but I do believe that we should support the people who supply us.
jmho

Hope this info is of help...I've have seen retention liquid on there...plenty of it too... good luck :idea:
anna

Hi there Fairynice....I see you are new to the site.
That is possibly why you don't know anything about the dangers of buying Professional Products from an unauthorised source like Ebay.

If you did a search on here, you will find many a thread about it. They will mention all the laws that could be broken...like posting flammable material through the Royal Mail, and breaking all sorts of Aviation Laws if posted here from USA.
Happy reading.

Latest posts

Back