Creative shortage? -Glasgow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa2810

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been told that due to the floods down in england creative are having problems getting products distributed. I am now completely out of retention + and can't get it anywhere :cry:. So i suppose the question is does anyone have any information about this or having the same problem?

cheers lisa xx

Tried ringing Leeds yesterday and they were out of everything we asked for!!!:irked:

any idea when things are likely to return to normal. I don't wanna have to buy products thats not creative as i've never worked with anything different. I wouldn't know where to start with a different brand of product. :confused:

Yep I'm afraid everywhere seems to be out of stock of Retention + as I tried to order myself yesterday.

However, I have been advised to have a try of the Moxie liquid, just to keep me going until the stock comes in.

I've never tried it before, but I'm pretty willing to give it a shot. Who knows I might even prefer it!

Moxie can still be used with the same powders as Retention +. As far as I'm aware the setting time is quicker. I'm pretty desperate to get my stock in also, but lets face it there is an alternative you can use.
Surely it's got to be worth giving it a go, rather than panic and lose business?

Just a suggestion.:)

Does Creative have issues keeping up their stock?
Or is this strictly in the UK ?

It seems every now and then, techs here on Geek have problems getting their 'Creative" products, but I've never heard of this problem elsewhere before. Is it a shipping thing? where is the "home" of Creative? I know there's Hyperion in the UK, but where is the original manufacturer/distributor?

Just curious

Well to my knowledge (GOSSIP) the problem is that the uk's distribution center is located in an area of England where there are major floods.

xxx

It's a shame isn't it! I know that last year we couldn't get much stock of Nimue (Hyperion Group) due to the hurricanes in New Orleans. These severe weather conditions are so far reaching.

are there any other companies/brands having these kind of problems then...?

I'm not really sure. Its a shame cause obviously its out of there control but as soon as they get stock in it'll fly off the shelfs and no doubt still be difficult to get for a while. Can't wait till everythings back to normal cause i've just started out (only qualified a month) and already having to let clients down. But there's not much anyone can do about it i suppose. :cry:

Surely there must be other market leading companies having difficulties with supply and demand?

Tbh it just seems as though every other thread is about peeps having trouble getting what they want with Creative. I honestly havent had to place ab order recently as I stocked up big time, not so long ago.

It seems a real shame that peeps are desperate for stock and eventually they will turn to another company or ebay or the like.

:hug:'s for everybody who is having stock troubles xxxxx

every time I order with cnd most is out of stock, they say to buy the big powders but they are so expensive and when you need 3 dfferent ones , for someone just starting out its impossible financially wise.

as for being told to stock up so i dont run out.....
i was newly trained so how can i stock up when nothing is in stock for me to buy??
I also wonder , do you techs from other brands have these probs?
i do love creative stuff but its agro trying to get hold of everything i need.

I have used 3 different brands of UV Gel.
I'm in Canada.
2 of the UV Gels were from the US.
One is from a Montreal distributor, but a US product.

I have never, not one single time, ever had a problem getting any of my primary products. The only delays were with customs and so it would take 2wks to get to me, BUT that's true of everything I order from the US.
If I had to continually deal with shortages...
well, I wouldn't have the patience to deal with that. That's just me I guess.:confused:

Yep I'm afraid everywhere seems to be out of stock of Retention + as I tried to order myself yesterday.

However, I have been advised to have a try of the Moxie liquid, just to keep me going until the stock comes in.

I've never tried it before, but I'm pretty willing to give it a shot. Who knows I might even prefer it!

Moxie can still be used with the same powders as Retention +. As far as I'm aware the setting time is quicker. I'm pretty desperate to get my stock in also, but lets face it there is an alternative you can use.
Surely it's got to be worth giving it a go, rather than panic and lose business?

Just a suggestion.:)
Jules what a fab positive answer :green: Your energy in finding a solution is energy well spent :green:

are there any other companies/brands having these kind of problems then...?

Hi All

I am really sorry to here that you are all having a bit of a problem at the moment.

As far as I am aware of other companies/brands having problems.

I know for sure that Young Nails is Still doing NEXT DAY DELIVERY with no problem.

Hope you all have your product soon without to much loss of buisness.
Kind regards
Tracey X:hug:

I have been to the osns today , my order was for almost £200 , all I ended up spending was £25.
there was nothing in stock I needed ,
No liquid whatsoever other than 3 bottles of radical, The lady mentioned problems obtaining stock from america,

So just a warning for anybody going out of their way ..phone first to check stock , It took me an hour to get there, plus my daughter was sick in the car :rolleyes: :lol: it was not a happy experience lol
I wish I had phoned before hand
hth peeps xxx

Just to add, I did ask the lady if she thought it was worth me phoning around, and she said no not really ,

Jules what a fab positive answer :green: Your energy in finding a solution is energy well spent :green:
Thanks mate, I'm glad somebody is listening!:rolleyes::wink2:

Moxie certainly is a great alternative to Retention+ so long as you can work that bit quicker.

I have been to the osns today , my order was for almost £200 , all I ended up spending was £25.
there was nothing in stock I needed ,
No liquid whatsoever other than 3 bottles of radical, The lady mentioned problems obtaining stock from america,

So just a warning for anybody going out of their way ..phone first to check stock , It took me an hour to get there, plus my daughter was sick in the car :rolleyes: :lol: it was not a happy experience lol
I wish I had phoned before hand
hth peeps xxx

Just to add, I did ask the lady if she thought it was worth me phoning around, and she said no not really ,

oh god emms wot a nice day hun ..not :irked:, i hope you all get your stock sorted soon, i must admit for a newbie, its worrying me a little hearing about all the stock problems.

i know i cant source any solar oil at the moment, my nan wants some after trying some of mine, and yet all i can find is pinkie bottles at extorionate prices in one local salon (which i do not rate anyway, so dont really want them to have my business) no one has anything bigger, ellisons havent ANY at all, its very frustrating, so cant imagine how awful it must be for people who now cant work because of it

good luck in getting sorted soon peeps, keep our chin up :lol:

xxxxxx

Well The way I see it at the moment Is that there are people in this country at the moment surviving without water !!!
so I can manage happily without my creative order for a while...

I do think myself lucky as I dont have many clients , and the ones I do have just want pretty nails, that last well.
they dont care about brand name thankfully,

My feller said today when we came out of there "what you gunna do....can't you get it all on E-bay "..bless I then told him about the person on here who had been sold purple water instead of monomer, and the cooking oil with almond scent for a solar oil substitute :eek: oh an the fact they also charge double +

Well The way I see it at the moment Is that there are people in this country at the moment surviving without water !!!
so I can manage happily without my creative order for a while...

I do think myself lucky as I dont have many clients , and the ones I do have just want pretty nails, that last well.
they dont care about brand name thankfully,

My feller said today when we came out of there "what you gunna do....can't you get it all on E-bay "..bless I then told him about the person on here who had been sold purple water instead of monomer, and the cooking oil with almond scent for a solar oil substitute :eek: oh an the fact they also charge double +

I agree most client's dont care as long as thier nails are done.

Latest posts

Back