Creative Spa vs Creative Natural Manicure/ Pedicure Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Hi could someone help me to get a clearer indication of what course would be the best to do. I was ready to go on a Natural Nail Manicure Course and a footcare pedicure with a podiatrist, then had a look at the website of the lady that offers creative training and saw that she does a Creative Spa course that incorporates both manicures and pedicures for the price of just doing a natural nail one, so i asked her what is the difference is the procedure of manicure and pedicure taught is it the same , yes it is, so the only difference between both courses is the massive price and the products used. In the natural nail medi and pedi its solar and rawearth and in the spa its creative spa products. So am i better off doing the creative spa course to cover both mani's and pedi's? is there anything that i would miss out.... thanx girls :green:

I dont know for definate but it sounds like the first course is the basic mani and pedi skills, apologies if I am wrong.

The spa course is designed for those qualified in mani's and pedi's and the course is based on product knowledge and use - not skills based if you get my meaning.

HTH

The way this is supposed to work is, if you have a qualification in manicure & pedicure you can go straight to Spamanicure Spapedicure training.

If you have no qualification you have to do the basic manicure/pedicure courses first before you can do Spa mani/pedi.
Nails Naturally - Manicure...... which uses Solar manicure products.
Nails Naturally - Pedicure .......which uses Raw Earth products.

HTH

apart from the products used what is the difference between spa and non spa courses if they both teach basic techniques of manicures and pedicures is one not repeating oneself?

apart from the products used what is the difference between spa and non spa courses if they both teach basic techniques of manicures and pedicures is one not repeating oneself?

The Spa one doesnt teach the basic techniques - only the non spa one does that. The Spa one focuses on the product information - not techniques.

HTH

:) hello there
the creative spa manicure/pedicure is exactly like everyones wrote , Ie you have already got to have manicure/pedicure certificate already to understand product knowledge and application of products .
Ive been on the spa day for both and did natural manicure/pedicure at a different college so had prior nail anotomy know how ,But i recommend it as it was so relaxing fun and the products are fabulous i loved it

i hope you enjoy it if you book ( both courses are worth doing ) i bought the manicure/pedicure spa startup packs and got the training free !!!!
but this was in 2002 i dont know if they still do those sorts of deals ??

xx

Im confused because the place where im getting trained are quite willing to let me go onto the spa course without prior courses and the ad for the spa course reads;

The CreativeSpa® Induction course is designed for professional nail technicians expanding into natural nail care. Throughout this one-day course, emphasis is spent on deeper understanding of anatomy and physiology, basic manicuring and basic pedicuring. This course is essential to build upon your foundation knowledge and understanding as a professional nail technician, to offer the core elements of natural nail care.

so is the basic manicure and pedicure training different to the non spa courses? sorry to go on i think im having a blonde hair day :rolleyes:

Im confused because the place where im getting trained the ad for the spa course reads;

The CreativeSpa® Induction course is designed for professional nail technicians expanding into natural nail care. Throughout this one-day course, emphasis is spent on deeper understanding of anatomy and physiology, basic manicuring and basic pedicuring. This course is essential to build upon your foundation knowledge and understanding as a professional nail technician, to offer the core elements of natural nail care.

so is the basic manicure and pedicure training different to the non spa courses? sorry to go on i think im having a blonde hair day :rolleyes:

The description provided isnt what i was tought on mine. We did not cover the anatomy or basic techniques, we did skim over some techniques but it was not really focused on.

Perhaps they run one course for those that have done enhancements and one for those who are mani and pedi qualified.

hi Bronzewolf,

i'm so glad you have posted this as i'm/was just as confused which one to do. i'm booked in oct for the natural nails mani.
but i did want to do the spa mani only (not pedi) but was told i could do the natural nails mani or the spa mani. i was told that the NNM was more in depth and i would learn more about natural nail care so this is why i booked it but since then i have been wondering if i should have just done the spa but now reading izzidoll's post i might just do the NNM and then do the spa after.
At least then i will have better knowledge and understand more on spa course. then i can offer two types of mani's, one with sola oil and one with spa.

The Spa course offering both mani and pedi is £145
The NNM and NNP are £120 each!!!

Im trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here for half the price. This is why im confused :rolleyes:

I did spa man & ped course at Salisbury OSNS with out having done a basi mani and pedi first - had only done the foundation course in L&P

Although I give manis and peds I do feel a little out of my depth sometimes as it really was just product training. Nail anatomy and contra-indications was covered on foundation course but only for hands not feet and the massage was taught in just an hour!

Once I have completed my Gel masters I will go on to do a mani & pedi course.

I would say it doesn't really matter which one you do first but be prepared to do both!

The Spa course offering both mani and pedi is £145...which is actually the cost of the kits...the product training is free
The NNM and NNP are £120 each!!!
This is because this is a class teaching basic manicure/pedicure skills and also includes your kit.

Im trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here for half the price. This is why im confused :rolleyes:

It is worth bearing in mind that of the CND kits mentioned here have enough product to do 30 manicure/pedicures. thererfore you will still end up well into profit.

Is it Possible because you are a Holistic Therapist and have done some anatomy & physiology etc that the Educator you are dealing with has decided you could go on and do Spa without doing the basics.
We do like to treat our clients as individuals.

I have the induction to Creative Spa course tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew what I should be taking with me.

I've been told usual tools of the trade, but as this is my first manicure / pedicure course and all I have are tools from doing L&P.

Also does anyone know if you're supposed to take a new passport sized photo when you go to an academy you've never visited before? After paying my deposit I was told I just had to turn up with my usual tools and that was it!

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful.

Thanks so much

L-J

I took the tools from my foundation course, some files, toenail clippers, a foot file plenty of towels, Scrubfresh, cuticle remover, and a manicure bowl.
I did have to take another passport photo with me even though I had done my foundation course at the same academy. HTH

Thanks for your reply.

I was kind of hoping that as this was an induction things like foot files and manicure bowls would be provided for me in the kit?!

I've tried calling them (Creative Academy in Slough) a few times this morning and had no answer.

I'm really worried that I'm going to turn up without the correct tools etc. They don't have a OSNS there so there isn't anywhere that I'd be able to buy these things if needed.

If anyone else has any tips on what to expect, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

I was kind of hoping that as this was an induction things like foot files and manicure bowls would be provided for me in the kit?!

No hun it's just the product kits you get which have no tools or accesories in. You deffo need towels( about 6 for feet and 3 for hands), cuticle remover/implements, files. I had a 121 when I did mine so they had the foot file, not sure if they will provide that when you do yours.

Latest posts

Back