Creative Starter Kit for sale on E Bay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cathie, yes you are correct, you can as a member of the public purchase a £20 ticket to the show. I too was dissapointed (yet again) to see that any tom dick or harry could purchase Creative products willy nilly, we should be issued with an officialy trained with Creative card which allows only tose people to purchase these goods, or a pin no. or your ID.No. what do others think or am I a stick in the mud. As for selling goods via E-bay especially a starter kit, that should be a definate NO.

Carol
Cottage Nails.

Carol at CottageNails said:
Hi Cathie, yes you are correct, you can as a member of the public purchase a £20 ticket to the show. I too was dissapointed (yet again) to see that any tom dick or harry could purchase Creative products willy nilly, we should be issued with an officialy trained with Creative card which allows only tose people to purchase these goods, or a pin no. or your ID.No. what do others think or am I a stick in the mud. As for selling goods via E-bay especially a starter kit, that should be a definate NO.

Carol
Cottage Nails.

Why would a member of the public, attend a trade show and buy Creative products in large sizes , when she can go to Boots and buy liquid and powder there? A non professional theoretically could also go to any other booth at a show and buy L/P, why would he/she praticularly make a 'bee line' for Creative?

How often do you think this is happening? Enough to affect the brand or your reputation? I think not really. AS a company, Creative would soon get to hear about it if it was a problem of any proportion believe me.

However the idea of a 'card' for Creative users has long been on my mind and you will be hearing about that soon.

Crikey moses.

The public being let into shows has nothing to do with CND but with Trades Exhibitions. That I feel has been addressed by Kathryn Hanks. The Ebay point has been addressed and kicked to death.
On one hand, Designer Nails is slapped about for too restrictive purchasing requirements, then slapped about for not having even more restrictive practices.
We have looked into the card situation, as it currently stands, this would increase the que from 30-45 minutes to over an hour. So then we will get beaten up for taking even longer.
We have looked into credit card sytle ID cards... funny thing is people will just pass them about to each other and most likely they will end up on Ebay too.

Designer Nails is looking at every possible approach. What is starting to get to me though is the fact that you are all on about CND and DN when they are the ones doing more than any other company to prevent this. Maybe we should look into DNA testing?

Sheesh Carol

The Nail Geek said:
Crikey moses.

Designer Nails is looking at every possible approach. What is starting to get to me though is the fact that you are all on about CND and DN when they are the ones doing more than any other company to prevent this. Maybe we should look into DNA testing?

Sheesh Carol

I think you are probably right Sam,

This reminds me a wee bit of the CSA - it is those fathers who are honest and want to do the right thing that end up getting hammered rather than the ones who keep their heads down and claim no responsibility LOL. Sorry for the analogy!

As you say you get beaten up whatever you do but we luv ya so keep on doing what you are doing!

Hi,
Evan though I'm not Creative trained, I am appalled to find someone is selling Brisa kit for 1st bids of £195!!!!
Now instead of wasting that on something you haven't been trained on, wouldn't you save a do the course????? I know I am

Love
Carrie x

i saw this particular kit on ebay also - isnt it true to say that its cheaper to get it direct from the company - i like the idea that you HAVE TO BE TRAINED WITH THE PRODUCT BEFORE BEING ABLE TO PURCHASE IT.

Yes, the starter deal is considerably less than this price!!

Hi

I've been following this post with interest, i must admit i have brought CND items from ebay although they have been kits that technicians are selling as they "have decided not to continue as a nail tech".

Having a browse through ebay.com i found a CND Pro-styler Master Series Brush which i had been after for ages but didn't have £59 spare to purchase.

Needless to say i brought it and including posting (from the USA) it cost $24 which once all the conversions etc took place was around £14!! Looking through the USA site i'm amazed at the ammount of Creative Stuff on there and the cost, as most of them say will send worldwide is this not going to let the products into more untrained hands?

Please note i am not posting this to try and cause trouble, just as an observation that even if ebay uk people are educated products can still be brought!

Taz
x

To be honest i don't think you will ever be able to stop anything being sold one way or another, wether its ethical, illegal, immoral or fattening....lol. one way or another if someone wants something they will find a way to get it, and i'm sure someone out there will always find a way to supply it.

Its not great but you just can't do anything to stop it.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back