Creative Starter Kit for sale on E Bay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haydenamzy

Reaction score
Hello all

I was just looking around on E Bay when I saw a CND retention starter kit for sale for £37.00. I was just wondering how you creative nail tech's felt about that as I thought only trained creative tech's could buy the liquid/powders? I sent her an E-mail and expalined this, I did not like the fact that other non qualified creative techs could class themselves creative tech with this kit....how do u lot feel????

Amy
x

Hi

Yes this is very annoying, i know designer nails must be very frustrated to. send sam a pm just in case he hasnt seen it but he prob has, eyes in the back of his head that one!! lol !!

Dont let it wind you up. there is nothing we can do about it.

God its so annoying, but as was said previously there is nothing we can do. All i will say is that without the proper training you will never get the best out of any product, so it won't be used to its full potential.

People will always find a way to get hold of stuff they shouldn't, its life unfortunately, but i console myself in the fact that all us Geeks are doing it by the book and creating the best nails we can by getting the proper training.:D

Hi....
Now I am certified nail technician, but before this (in 2001) I wasn't and very much wanted to become one, so I went to salon for manicure and ask manicurist to teach me some of her skills ( for my money, of course). She said that I must get some starter kit first. Where to get it? Serious companies will not sell it to me because I am not professional (wasn't even close to it, but wanted to be able to do manicure etc. for myself and my friends first), so only way was.. E-bay.
After technician spent some time with me I realised what I want to do in my live so I went on proper course....I undrstand, that some people can cause BIG DAMAGE to others bying things 'for professional use only' but sometimes maybe (not for everybody) it is the only way to undertand what you are up to in your life....

Kind Regards

it doesnt really bother me as such that untrained nail techs can purchase "professional products" on ebay as you cant stop some one buying, in their defence they are getting a good product which is otherwise impossible to get through any other channel,(be it right or wrong) and if they are doing nails on customers and are getting it wrong its them who are responsible for the consaquences.(and the person selling the product)
what really grips my s**t (sorry) is the trained nail technicians who can get their hands on these products wheither it be at shows or from the product suppliers and sell them for double the price knowing that the untrained nail technician will purchase them. these trained nail technician use their training not for the reasons we all strive for here, they are abusing their possision as a proffesional to be somewhat responsible for the untrained nail tech using the products which they purchase without any knowledge for the product.
they make it obvious who they aim their product at if you read the item descriptions.
and as we all know on here we dont do nails for profit lol( i spend more than i earn) we do it for love.
not the people selling product that only trained technicians can get they see £££$$$$$ signs.
my little bit there sorry to go on.

Something I've often wondered about since the Excel show last year is this, the 'general public' could pay to get into the show, therefore were they able to purchase 'professional products' from the show? I'd like to think not but it has been sitting there in my brain since last year (yeah yeah I know theres too much space left in my brain!) :lol:

My objection is simple to CND powders being sold on ebay..................
We either take our foundation course or our Conversion course with Creative and this enables us to buy the L&P system......................
Because we have taken the courses we know how the product works and its capabilities and how to make it work for us and how to problem solve it................We have been taught by the company that has invented this particular product how to get it to preform in a A+++ way...........

Now here is my thought.................. Untrained or not converted Technician uses it on a client................She has problems with it and her client isn't happy.............Now who gets the bad reputation........the Technician or the product...............The Technician will think, oh no don't like it cant get on with it....and bins it!!!!!...............The client thinks, oh no don't like this, not gonna ever use this product again...and then thinks all creative Products are pants !!!!!...............
Is this Technician going to be honest enough to tell her client that
  1. She doesn't understand the full workings and the chemistry behind this product ????
  2. She got it on Ebay and that was the only way she could get it as she isn't Creative trained
No of course not as the client then would suggest to her, that it might be a good idea to get some more training........

It is my reputation I worry about....

Thats me off my soap box ..........

It shocks me that Trained Technicians, even if they have fallen out with any system feel the need to sell products on ebay.

Personally i wouldn't buy off this site as I would be worried about the quality of the product and if it's contents were legit..

Remember that you can get quite a wide variety of professional Hair, Beauty, and nail products from ebay.

I agree that I would not purchase anything like that from there, however some obviously do. Thankfully it appears that it is a small minority.

I emailed the girl about putting the starter kit on ebay and she said she was trying to get some money back as she did the creative course which was expensive, and she said there was not enough training on re-balancing as she thinks that no one would pay money for her extensions so she is giving up. That was understandable, however just been on e-bay and she got £47.00 for the starter kit, but now she has put another one on there to sell!!!

She is making some money huh!

One question. If Creative are so particular about who they sell their products to (and I believe they are) how come starter kits can be bought on ebay?
Surely if Creative wants to then they can stop this by refusing to sell to this person again.
I suppose they'd have to win the bid to find out who is selling the stuff in the first place.
Sounds like it would be worth doing to protect 'Creative's' reputation?

Just a thought - not trying to stir things up

Jane x

Jo Jo said:
Something I've often wondered about since the Excel show last year is this, the 'general public' could pay to get into the show, therefore were they able to purchase 'professional products' from the show? I'd like to think not but it has been sitting there in my brain since last year (yeah yeah I know theres too much space left in my brain!) :lol:

Hi Sam/Mrs Geek or Geeg, my brain is still doing overtime on the above.... can you shed any light on this and put my remaining brain cells at ease? J xx

When I looked it didn't look as if it was a full kit, perhaps someone has done their training and are selling off the bits?

Buying an item on ebay does not mean you get any personal information on the seller. Plus, if that were some initiave we were to take, that could cost an awful lot of money. When people realise how 'in demand' the products become, more will simply do it.
From my understanding; legally it is their product to sell just as you could buy a kit and sell it to your customer. It pisses me off but im not sure if anything can honestly be done about it.

As far as the Excel thing... I was unaware that the General Public could pay to get into the show. There was a show seveeral years back where I swear they did let general public in... but the curbed that quickly.

Ill see if someone from trades exhibitions can answer that.

I'msure that if you don't register beforehand, you can pay £20 and get in so any tom dick and harriet could take advantage.

Hi Nails at 42nd Street, Yep that was my understanding too, as we left the show there were loads of people in a que and I asked a lady what it was for and she said she and her friend pay every year to go into the show to 'buy up' some bargains, we asked her if she was a nailtech and she said no... J xx

We have in the past had a few people call saying they 'bought at a show' - once sales have asked relevent questions, we will not sell to them until we receive the necessary certs or book them on to a course. They may get away with it once, but generally no more than that! You will however have people who buy at shows ONLY! Many of you have seen the CND stand and know how busy it gets - it is virtually impossible for us to ask people their qualifications when buying as we assume that the organisers have done thier jobs in allowing professionals only!! It is worrying that this is not the case!:rolleyes: It is something that needs to be rectified HOWEVER it doesn't help when teks themselves bring mums, sisters etc who are untrained - after all, it's the same thing!! PROS ONLY WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE!:green:

What it comes down to with Creative on Ebay is this.........
It is up to us !!!!! We know the regulations and most of us have enough integrety not to sell Creative L&P on Ebay..............
But there are always the ones that don't care as much as we do and will sell it to anybody, trained or even not trained...................Obviously not Geeks!!!! Because we know better !!!!!!

All we can do is..........carry on doing what we are doing that is a brill job, edcuate ourself to the highest degree and don't buy even how ever tempting it might be , Creative from Ebay..............then at least there are 2340 no sales !!!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts xxxx

The Nail Geek said:
Buying an item on ebay does not mean you get any personal information on the seller. Plus, if that were some initiave we were to take, that could cost an awful lot of money. When people realise how 'in demand' the products become, more will simply do it.
From my understanding; legally it is their product to sell just as you could buy a kit and sell it to your customer. It pisses me off but im not sure if anything can honestly be done about it.

As far as the Excel thing... I was unaware that the General Public could pay to get into the show. There was a show seveeral years back where I swear they did let general public in... but the curbed that quickly.

Ill see if someone from trades exhibitions can answer that.

Sawasdee ka

I will stay quiet on this website and just learn but will post when i have a question or can give some thing in as you speak in a constructive manner so that i stay welcome .

This is a simple constructive post in a soft voice .

Yesterday i was threatened with creatives legal department if i should import creatives products into MY country to sell to fully qualified nail tecnicians because i have been told by your family i am not supposed to have them .

Now in this post you are saying that it is up to the seller to who they sell the products to and even a lady can sell to her customer and there is nothing creative can do about it i am very confused that creatives legal department would come after someone like me that has on there website for PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY but will not and can do nothing to someone that is selling maybe into untrained hands .

My constructive comment in this post is to point out that it would be very nice if the professionals of this website could get there facts straight and then people like me would not get threatened or abused for something when you have 1 professional saying one thing and one professional saying another especially when they both come from the same family are in buissness and talk to eachother probably everyday .

I will not go into that you also are MAYBE are selling products to untrained nail techs yourself because you did not check that the public is allowed in the shows you are too busy taking money or i will not go into the nail techs that have the creative certs that buy for other techs that do not have a creative cert and i wont go into the lady that has got a creative cert that has 5 other techs working with creative products that have not been trained by creative because i dont want a problem with anybody .

And you are right sam i am not smiling after a day like yesterday .

From as you speak the grumpy little thai girl with a chip on her shoulder and a frown on her face i hope you can see that this post is in a constructive manner .

Mui - we have a distributor in Thailand - a SOLE distributor who earned the right to distribute Creative Nail Design products in their country. You however took it upon yourself to go via the back door and sell direct on your web site! I am not suprised in the least that Creative Nail Design (in America - corporate) has had their legal department contact you! That however is nothing to do with me (or my family) - we don't own Creative - we distribute for them in the UK - just like Terri Lin distributes in Thailand!
Your post above has nothing to do with the post I made above regarding British trade shows and what goes on there! Also to clarify - people who sell on ebay have bought already from their local distributor and are selling it on...they are qualified to buy from us already and so it is incredibly hard to stop! You have not bought from your local distributor in Thailand and that is why you are in trouble with Creative Nail Design USA! This post is also written with a soft voice and hopes that maybe you have learned a valuable lesson from this experience! Have a better day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back