Creative Techs... using other brand brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I trained with a Pro Styler (Crystal).
Then I bought a Master Series Pro Styler.

TBH I prefer the crystal (although the are meant to be the same), as the MSeries seems 'softer' to me...... very strange, I know!

But for some reason, neither of them have ever felt 'quite right' to me.

I have no idea why, but I have felt this way since the start really.
I've never used any other brushes, so not sure how I would know that they don't feel right!! Maybe they are perfect!
Could be that I'm 'not quite right'!!

So I have heard lots of lovely stuff about the EZ Flow 508 - as we all have!
As has been mentioned many times before, it has been designed to work with the EZ Flow products....... same as the Creative brushes would have been designed to work best with their products - I would assume?!

But here is the burning question
Are any of you fellow Creative Geeks, using Creative products with another brand of brush and prefering the results and experience?

If so what brush and why do you prefer it?
Thanks!

I use Creative ............
and use a no name Kolinsky sable brush from my local art store.....

Oval ....size 10.....

It cost almost as much as the " name brand " ones......but it is easier for me to replace when need be.......( although I've had my current brush for 2 years now ) I've used others before ...and have found no difference in "how they work" ....

JMO.....but I think it's the tech.....more than the brush....

Hi all

I like the no 8 oval artistic sculp or chrome brush from Young nails I use both.

The artistc for glitter/coloured acrylic and the chrome brush for pink and white application.:green:

I felt exactly the same about the pro-styler, it never felt quite right. Then purely by fluke my OSNS ran out of pro-stylers and instead suggested a Designer Nails paddle brush - what a difference this brush has made to my whole application!!!!! I love it, its just right - and was over £10 cheaper too.

nsi size 8 for me - working with creative l/p.
bought it for the look(silver - bit like a cigarette holder!!!) but i love working with it.
can also be stored in its own barrel if you want to.

at the mo im using one from the wholesales so not creative but i have been really happy with it up to now. iv had it a while and its time for a new one so got some tips fron this thread - thanks geeks!!
tori x

for me - i used anything i could get my hands on, but once i trained with a creative brush, i have to admit i wont use anything else, i find them so easy to train etc, and now have about 10 of the buggers, (you have to have a spare one dont ya lol). i started with a pro-styler, then moved to the master series - and have 5 of the master brushes, 3 pro-stylers + the usual spare ones

when i used creative, i felt the brush was a little floppy for me, i prefer one with a little more snap. i used a tammy taylor brush medium size and that is similar to the paddle brush mentioned before.

now i use entity i use the entity brush and i have to say i've never had anything quite like it for quality and resilience.

i think when you are a beginer it is important to go with the recomended brush for your system as it helps to master the correct product ratio. however once you can recognise the ratio properly you should be ok with another brush, you may just need to tweak your technique to get the right consistency though.

When I was using OPI Absolute regularly in school, I used my EZ flow 508 and was very happy with it. Now that I've taken both the L&P Creative classes, I've finally made friends with my Pro Styler and I prefer it over the EZ flow. I have an IBD l&p brush that I've actually never taken out and tried. I'm a bit of a brush junkie and have a whole drawer of them. Some are art store and some are company brushes. The only ones I really dislike are the crummy ones that came with our kits.

S

I use creative products with the Ez Flow 508. I did get a prostyler with my kit but I prefer my Ez Flow brush.

I'm not creative trained, but here's my "two pence" (or two cents, depending where you live LOL)

The best brush for you is the one that is most comfortable and that you get the best results from. It may not be the one you trained with or the one provided by your brands of products.

I use UV Gel.
Both my former brand and my current brand have their own brushes.
Guess what?
I like neither of them.
I've tried about 6 expensive and fancy 'brand' brushes. Never liked a single one of them.
I actually prefer the cheapie nylon ones that I get a crafts store for a package of 2 for $3.00.
I've been trying really hard to get used to the one provided by EZ Flow, and I don't like it at all.
And, it's losing bristles which I never have that problem with my nylon cheapie ones.
Soooo I'm off to the craft shop this week to get more of my beloved nylon ones. It's back to those.

So, find a brush that works FOR YOU and never mind the label or price tag. It's the results that matter, not the name on the handle.

hth's

At the moment I am using OPI system.. But if im honest i am not really enjoying it.. I learnt with Longer Nails Haircare Australia and The system suits me.
My Brush collection fits neither brands as i didnt like the OPI brush and I killed my first tech brush..
ATM i have a no 8 no name i picked up at my wholesaler.. its kolinsky sable and first thing i did was make it flat.. I initially picked it because of the pretty flower in the stem of the brush.. must have been fate because its the best brush i own..
I have a kolisky red sable i am trying to save at the minute.. its a great brush but in lew of low funds has been used to death.. hopefully nailzoo's tip will work for my beloved "sable"

First - Thanks for all of you replies, this has been exactly the info I was after!

I felt exactly the same about the pro-styler, it never felt quite right. Then purely by fluke my OSNS ran out of pro-stylers and instead suggested a Designer Nails paddle brush - what a difference this brush has made to my whole application!!!!! I love it, its just right - and was over £10 cheaper too.

when i used creative, i felt the brush was a little floppy for me, i prefer one with a little more snap. i used a tammy taylor brush medium size and that is similar to the paddle brush mentioned before.

now i use entity i use the entity brush and i have to say i've never had anything quite like it for quality and resilience.
........quote]

As you put it......... I too think I am looking for a brush with a 'little more snap'!
I will try out the Designer Nails Paddle Brush first.

Latest posts

Back