Creative Top Coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
I feel a bit silly for asking, but...

At the salon I used to work the boss told me that I don't need to use a top coat with creative polishes as they have one built into them. If this were true, why would creative make a top coat?

I'm not taking this too seriously as this is the same woman who told me I didn't need to waste time cleaning the foot spa after each client:eek:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this before? What do they teach on creative mani/pedi courses?

We were taught with creative in college and did use top coat.

Creative colours are fab but still need a top coat! this woman is having a laugh, you defo need a top coat and you should clean foot spa's after each use, it's a bit of a worry with people like this loose on the public :rolleyes:
X

You are right ,and should always use a topcoat, not matter what brand of enamel you are using. It protects the enamel and keeps it looking shiny.

A professionally applied polish involves 1 coat basecoat, 2 thin coats of enamel, and 1 coat topcoat. This should then last up to 7 days without chipping or flaking.

She probably just told me this because she could save money by not buying a top coat then.

I had several clients question me about this, I just had to tell them what she had told me.

It makes me so mad when people who are supposed to be training you give incorrect information.

BTW, I did clean the footspas after all my clients, I just did it when she was out of the room

LOL..silly peeps out there eh? Ask her why Creative would make a top coat if one isn't needed. :)
You are right, sounds like she was being a penny pincher.

Yes hunny I think she was trying to save her penny's and save some time = more time free for more clients,
All comes down to money ,

This bug's me because this industry isn't about more clients more money...a happy client will come back, a quick job cutting corners will cause problems along the line ...client lost, also all the mates she tell's not to come to you ,
gggrrrr lol

But at least you have took the stand to find out the facts hun nice one xxx
:hug:

It just bugs me that clients will return to these salons because they don't know what goes on behind closed doors - I'm talking hygiene and sterilization procedures.

Also they trust us as professionals to give them the correct advice about their nails/skin etc. We have to be confident that we are being given the correct information when we are training. If we are given wrong or outdated info then we will unknowingly pass this on to clients because we believe it to be true. I guess this is why continuing our education is so important.

OK Rant over - Thanks everyone for replying

Latest posts

Back