Creative Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lele

Reaction score
I did the Creative Acrylics Foundation course in July and was very, very disappointed with the training/ trainer as it had been recommended to me and the promotional literature is also very encouraging. I did my course in London but I know they have other schools in South East can anyone recommend a good Educator by actual name, it doesn't have to be Creative?

I'd really appreciate feedback on this as I've spent a lot of money and feel as though all I really have is a lot of very nice looking equipment due to spending a lot of money on my kit in the One Stop Nail Shop!

ack. That sucks. Could you please Private Message me over the particulars? Ill have someone contact you with other CND educators in your area and I am sure some others may have some other suggestions as well.

Lele said:
I did the Creative Acrylics Foundation course in July and was very, very disappointed with the training/ trainer as it had been recommended to me and the promotional literature is also very encouraging.
I found your posting rather interesting, I to attended a foundation course in Feb of this year at the Bedford Academy. course did not follow the literature provide.

10 people on course taken by 1 Ambassador.
Essential products that were required to begin course had to be purchased. ( Having been told that only needed to bring photo, pen and paper)
MSDS had to be purchased.
No course feed back sheets provided.
Insurance ? could not get details of the insurance available through Creative.

Yet I have written, complained and got no way. Yet product is great, this site is great and with out the information from here I would have given up.

So maybe we should all join together and provide positive feed back on how these area's can be improved

I think that like any business there are good and bad. I feel that creative on an whole are excellent :D But obvious that some of its ambassadors are not as good as others :? So to Geeg,Mrs Geek and Sam maybe something postive could be done to improve these areas ?
Because why let some spoil your excellent repution.

I am gobsmacked! I agree with you that the products are great, but a dissapointing training course can let it down. I am sure creative will do what they can to correct this. They have ALWAYS supported me. Its the bit about having to purchase MSD sheets that i am shocked at! :o

I run training courses 5 days a week, teaching students from beginner to NVQ assessments. Both my trainers and myself are NVQ qualified and creative trained. We do a one day advanced course, which is a great confidence boost. You can use your own products, so you will not have to purchase anything, and as the day is private, we can work through what ever you wish to cover. If its any help, please PM me your address and i will send you our prospectus.

Good Luck! and happy New Year.

No company can improve performance without feedback both good and bad and we can take it on the chin when necessary.

However .... there are more positive ways of giving feedback than posting on a very public website, incidences that may have only pertained to you or one class out of hundreds etc. We need to know details of time and place and the problems you encountered and those details should go straight to the Geek as head of Education in a private message.

I have always had faith in all of our Ambassadors abilities and they are all excellent ... If some however are bending or making up their own rules, we need to know .... but not in this way please.

We have never welcomed hostile or negative personal comments about any company on this site nor do we find it comfortable when things like this are aired to the world instead of to the people who can help and do something positive about your problems. Please write to the Geek.

well,

So far I have had no word from Lele regarding her issues raised so there isnt a lot I can do about it until I get more info.
As far as BB's issues, you are best to PM me. We only allow a maximum of 8 students per class, evaluation forms must be turned into head office for each student, MSDS sheets have never been charged for, and the literature comes with a list of suggested sundry items (i.e. tip cutters, etc..) to top up the kit that comes with the course. All FDFC come with insurance forms for the student to fill out and purchase as we will not graduate them without proof of insurance.

Please feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks

I have to say that I`ve done training from a lot of walks but Creative was the BEST I`ve had.
MSDS didn`t have to be paid for, I only rang the Leeds office and they were sent to me.
Insurance details were on the form in the handout given on the first day so that wasn`t a problem either.
I can`t comment on 10 in a class as the brochure does say 8 and while there was 8 in my class I still received an excellent class and we all got on really well and had fun.
As for the extra bits you had to buy, I had most of it anyway but that may be the only thing they could improve on.
Even the ambassadors, they have to go through gruelling training to become an ambassador and they all know their stuff.
I don`t think there are more than a handful of people that can hold their hands up and HONESTLY say they didn`t get what they wanted from Creative training, but they are always there to help with anything, large or small should you have reason to complain, and it DOES get listened to AND sorted

i also trained with creative, and am shocked,the standard of training i and also a lot of other teks i know recieved was to a very high standard, and i didnt have to purchase any extras as there was enough in the kit to do the entire course, obviously you buy extras like tip cutters etc but that is to make life easier, but that is the same with anything,

Ok... we all know I don't comment on very much these days but I feel I have to put my two cents into this one... I did PM Lele with some advice as like Geeg says I do seriously think this sort of thing is best left off of the internet and onto a piece of paper or PM to those who can do something about it, I think (and I hope it's not out of turn to say so) that alot of people are forgetting tha nail industry is a BUSINESS! we all may know and love nails til they come out of our Christmas Dinner (not literally I hope) but at the end of the day the people who are doing it for a living are business people, so lets look at the family tree.... CND = Designer Nails = Nail Techs, ALL of which are in business. Now then onto the training.... Whatever a person is looking to get out of a training programme is RELATIVE to their own experience and perception. I personally didn't think the Foundation was a course that you could pick up your brush afterwards and go onto make competition winning nails but then hang on O YES! None of them are!!!! :shock: and this course certainly provided me with the right amount of everything to go forth and conquer (if I'd had the inclination), Some techs come out of the foundation without ANY previous experience and dumbfound me by making wonderfully beautiful enhancements, of course it's not all down to the 'aesthetics', hopefully they are practising good sanitation and client care too. Anyhoo before I get slapped by Sam for procrastination the point I'm making is this, 'The nail industry does NOT owe anyone a living, extras on courses are essential, get over it!' alot of techs already have the basic stuff (tip cutters etc..) and I note they didn't cost anymore from Designer than anywhere else! ' Training like I have said is RELATIVE to what the individual is looking for, if something isn't up to scratch for YOU, then for freaks sake mention it to your tutor! she/he is not a mind reader. To finish (thank goodness you all say) think of it this way.... 20 people go into a A level exam, do you all come out with the same result? do you all go onto the same level of job? Right thats me done with for another month! :D Take care, Merry Chrimbo and Happy New Year! No offence ever meant to anyone just hopefully good advice. Jxxx

Thank you for your support my friends ... however I am a realist (and a woman) and I do like everyone to be happy!! We know we do not always get it right but I wonder sometimes if some people go out of the way to make problems?? sometimes there is a clash of personalities and that can not always be helped. BUT ..

We NEVER sell MSD sheets.
We have PRINTED course notes and workbooks that are handed out at every class.
Naturally at the price we charge, there are extras that need to be purchased if one is to have everything one needs when leaving the course, to carry out the job.
We also always hand out an insurance form to be completed ... if our students don't have insurance, we don't sell products to them.

These things are policy so if they haven't been done we DO need to know but I find it hard to believe all of these points are true .... it will be looked into you can be assured of that.

About 3 years ago I was like Lele and BB, I completed my Foundation course and expected the world of nails to open up for me and everything to be perfect.

I had a few issues which I let eat away at me rather than dealing with them head on. I did my own fair share of "bad mouthing" as has been done a bit here and it only upset me and made me bitter.

It took me 3 years of bitterness and then a kick up the backside and my eyes were opened as to the support and help there is available within Designer Nails.

Please dont waste years as I did, if you have issues, as has been said previously, deal with them in a professional and direct manner rather than openly bad mouthing all when it could be dealt with by one person.

;) Thank you Samantha!

well, well - what to do :shock: To Lele and DD - both Geeg and the Geek are right - in order to sort this out, we need info to us directly. Please see that you call Samuel as soon as possible. I have also made the educators in this matter aware of this post! I don't want to cover ground that has already been covered but I would like to thank those with their own perceptions and how they dealt with their own situations. A positive outlook generally wins through and we have always gone above and beyond to sort out a situation when possible. As to you Natural Nails - you are one of my proudest conquests!!! :oops: :oops: :thumbsup: and, your opinion is always valued!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your replies. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you but I've been away for xmas and this is the first opportunity I've had to check the website.

Firstly, I'd like to clarify that I'm not 'bad mouthing' anyone I haven't mentioned the name of the educator or which Creative Academy I attended. I feel that this along with the comments I made are very fair. I'm very aware that it may just have been that the educator I had wasn't at their best at that time however it doesn't detract from my feeling that I didn't get the level of training i was expecting. I've also asked if anyone can recommend any Academy's/ Educator's in the South East - Creative or otherwise.

There has also been an assumption that I didn't give feedback at the time, however i did (along with others in my group) but I've never heard anything back.

Having done this I think it's perfectly reasonable to share an opinion and ask for recommendations - what else is a forum for?

I will be sending Sam Sweet a personal message - that way I can go into more detail if it's required.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back