Creative Velocity or Performance tips for nail biters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Hi there folks.
As i am swithcing over to creative from now on after my horrendous experiance with crystalization, i have just received some free creative performance tips, with no contact area, from a trial pack i got from the suppliers. I think they may be great, not just for any client & for quickness but for the dredded nail biters.Well, i have tried the tip on my fingers and they dont touch the end of the thumb. So i was wondering, if anyone had tried some creative tips that do not come into contact with the bulbous end of the finger which are great for nail biters.
I know velocity tips say the have `little contact` & the performance has `no contact`. With the performance, you just sit on the nail tip. Also, as they have `no-little` contact, do you still have to blend, which i enjoy doing anyway, so i am not looking for an easy ride, just a solution.
Can anyone suggest what ones i should try please before i jump in & buy.
thanks,
Laura.x.

sorry cant answer your question but why not sculpt? If you do a search I know there are a few threads about the preformance tips

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/5746-tipping-bitten-nail.html

You can use CND Velocity, Eclipse or Formation tips on a nail biter, it all depends on the shape of their nail (flat or deep sidewalls etc) as to which one you use. If you only have one kind of tip (Velocity for example) then you can go up a tip size and tailor it to fit the nail before saddling the tip to fit over the bulbous skin.

hth's

The CND Performance tips have no well at all, and therefore, they do not look nice on bitten nails.

It is best if the client has some free edge (it can be just the tiniest bit). They do not need to be blended and are a great time saver as the shine has been removed as well as the fact that they are very thin.

Thanks girls. The more i think about them, i think i may use the velocity tips, because i like to fit that well along the nail edge but with the performance tips you dont have that guide, which i found out last night when i tried them, they didn`t stick properly first time. So i might go with the velocity.
Thanks,
Laura.x.

Thanks girls. The more i think about them, i think i may use the velocity tips, because i like to fit that well along the nail edge but with the performance tips you dont have that guide, which i found out last night when i tried them, they didn`t stick properly first time. So i might go with the velocity.
Thanks,
Laura.x.

They stick just fine with the recommended adhesive which in the case of Performance tips is SpeedBond. You need a thinner adhesive with a well-less tip.

I like the way the Velocity, and other tips with a well, protect and enclose the free edge of the natural nail, but I adore the quickness of the well-less tips. Most of the time I just sculpt anyway to be honest ... you will get to that one day I'm sure.

Hi

Sorry new here and farily new to tips so apologies that I don't quite get it!

I have just purchased some well less tips but I really don't see how you can fit them without any blending - surely if you are applying any tip to any part of the nail - if you don't blend then you are going to be able to see where it has been applied - am I missing the point here?

Hi

Sorry new here and farily new to tips so apologies that I don't quite get it!

I have just purchased some well less tips but I really don't see how you can fit them without any blending - surely if you are applying any tip to any part of the nail - if you don't blend then you are going to be able to see where it has been applied - am I missing the point here?

Yes I think you are missing the point. :green:

You apply a well-less tip so that it sits along the natural smile line. So why would you need to blend them? There they sit creating a beautiful smile line where the smile line should be.

In the case of nail biters, they have NO smile line and the nail bed is usually unnaturally short so, in my opinion, well-less tips look pants on this type of nail as they just highlight the ugliness of the short nail bed. NOW ... if you use a well-less tip and then disguise the short nail bed by using a coverage powder FINE but if not they look god awful.

I myself still prefer to use Velocity tips on a biter and blend .. I think tips create a better and stronger side wall and a sleeker looking result on a bitten nail.

Personally I never sculpt on a biter. The result is not as sleek as a tipped nail and it is harder work for me, for a client that usually does not appreciate the effort I have made.

Latest posts

Back