Creative will not convert Essential Nails courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi All

I joined this site today and have been trying to read all your notes and the wealth of information contained, Iam learning soooooooooo much from you all. thanks.

I have just completed the Essential Nails Acrylic Tip Home Learn Course, I should receive my results in about 2-3 weeks.

I would like to use Creative products and whilst I will be able to order Nail Polish etc from them (on receipt of a copy of my Essential Nails certificate) they will not allow me to purchase their liquid & Powder products that I have heard so much about, unless I convert.

I asked if I could do a conversion course with them and they informed me that they do not recognise or allow conversion from an Essential Nails Home Learn Course.

I already have the Nail Trainer, hopefully soon be "Essential Nails" qualifed, but will have to pay out another £499.38 for a full Acrylic Beginners Course with Creative ????????????????

ANT recognise Essential Nails qualifications, Im struggling to understand why Creative will not.... they say its because its a home learn course and there was no one with me showing me, looking at what / how I am doing it etc etc.

Can anyone help me ?????????

I really enjoyed the Essential Nails course and they are all extremely helpful, now Im thinking I should have found out about Creative Course or other companies and not done a home learn course, I was under the impression Essential Nails training was highly thought of in the industry ?

can anyone help me please ..........

Hi Karren,

I 2 did the essential nail course (acrylic tip and overlay) and thought it was excellent. Unfortunately I am not a natural at the nail thing and don't have too much confidence. In the end I had to save to do the creative foundation course and I do feel more confident having had their training and using their products.

Last year I also had a one day conversion course with Anthony Buckly from Californian Nails-distributor to Ez flow. He was amazing my dream would b 2 do nails like him! Anyway my point is I think that product is supposed to be excellent also and they let me do the conversion course so will probably let you. They have top quality nail art products!

I went to Creative because I wanted a fresh start, I had picked up too many bad habits. I wanted to train in the product I was going to use.
Hope my advice has helped.x.x.x.x

Hiya

This is one for geeg really... but this is what i know.... You have to be qualified for a least a year to do the conversion unless i think you have a college certificate. Ring the acadamy back if you are confused that would be your best bet.
I am sure when geeg sees this or one of the acadamy advisors they will explain it better for you.
I am creative trained and you do get excellant training and support.
HTH

Thanks.

Little Angel said:
Hiya

This is one for geeg really... but this is what i know.... You have to be qualified for a least a year to do the conversion unless i think you have a college certificate. Ring the acadamy back if you are confused that would be your best bet.
I am sure when geeg sees this or one of the acadamy advisors they will explain it better for you.
I am creative trained and you do get excellant training and support.
HTH

I was told by "professional beauty" that they will not insure you if you have only done a home learn course. So I don't think it is just Creative who have concerns with this.

ella said:
I was told by "professional beauty" that they will not insure you if you have only done a home learn course. So I don't think it is just Creative who have concerns with this.

ANT recognise Essential Nail Home Courses (as mentioned above), so I'm sure they would insure you too.

I just tried to sort out some insurance for a new tech and the ANT was more expensive, and at the starting out point there is so much to spend. I did tell the ANT this and they said they would look into it.

I think longer term the ANT was more favourable, but by that point you have trained all over the place so it wouldn't matter.

Hi Karen.

Sorry about such a bummer. In our experience, we have found that HLC graduates do fine with a conversion only once they have some experience under their belts.
Its not meant to be such a hurdle, only to prevent people having problems converting from a system. Its not just the HLC that has these conversion restrictions.

Best of luck

Hi

Thanks

After a very long, very enjoyable, very informative telephone convesation last night with one of your members, I am seriously thinking today of biting the bullet and paying for a Creative Nails Acrylic Basic Tip course.

Do you / anyone think I am doing the right thing here ?

k.

The Nail Geek said:
Hi Karen.

Sorry about such a bummer. In our experience, we have found that HLC graduates do fine with a conversion only once they have some experience under their belts.
Its not meant to be such a hurdle, only to prevent people having problems converting from a system. Its not just the HLC that has these conversion restrictions.

Best of luck

Hi Karren,

I'm Janet the Creative Academy Sales Manager at Designer nails, I've just logged on and whilst browsing I came across your comments and replies so I thought that this may also be of help to you; If you do decide to take the Creative Nail Design Four day Foundation course and mention at the time of booking that you already have a nail trainer, then the cost of the course will be reduced by £75.00 +vat, you will then be able to take along your own nail trainer.

Hope this helps. After all 2 hands are better than 1 BUT not on this occasion!! LOL

Janet :lol:

:suprised: Hi Karren, I'm new to this site too came about by accident ! Also i was interested in what you wrote as i've just ordered my 1st course tips/acrylics with essential nails and wanted to know how did you get on with it? Just been reading all your reply's and am wondering about the certificate being recognised could you please give me any info thanx Jackie.m xx

Janet, thank you for your note, I will call Creative tomorrow, I have booked my course already but I will see what they can do.

Thanks again

Karrenx

Gannet said:
Hi Karren,

I'm Janet the Creative Academy Sales Manager at Designer nails, I've just logged on and whilst browsing I came across your comments and replies so I thought that this may also be of help to you; If you do decide to take the Creative Nail Design Four day Foundation course and mention at the time of booking that you already have a nail trainer, then the cost of the course will be reduced by £75.00 +vat, you will then be able to take along your own nail trainer.

Hope this helps. After all 2 hands are better than 1 BUT not on this occasion!! LOL

Janet :lol:

Bite the bullet, its worth it. I trained at college for 2 years, then with Backscratchers and Star nails. Still not a happy tech, so then trained with the best, Creative, and 12 years later, as The McDonalds advert said, I'M LOVIN IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back