Creative's New Abrasives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Just wondering how the new Blizzard Board (100/180), Boomerang Buffer (180/180) and the Boomerang Board(240/1200) differ from using the Koala and the Hot shot?

What would you use these for that would be different?

The blizzard board is primarily for gel work (though works perfectly fine for L&P) and is white so you dont get any black bits getting stuck in unwanted places.
The Boomerang buffer is a thick and padded 180/180 designed for surface refinement and the Boomerang Board is a thin, larger version of the Koala buffer (240 grit on one side, and a treated 1200 grit oil buffing side on the other).

All the abrasives use a new softer grit. The grit count is the same so the particle size is the same, but the material is actually a little bit softer. This creates less damage to the enhacement during refinement.

Personally, I love the crap out of them :D

Hope this helps ;)

A very simple question can you tell me please what country the boards are made in .

Thank you .

The Nail Geek said:
The blizzard board is primarily for gel work (though works perfectly fine for L&P) and is white so you dont get any black bits getting stuck in unwanted places.
The Boomerang buffer is a thick and padded 180/180 designed for surface refinement and the Boomerang Board is a thin, larger version of the Koala buffer (240 grit on one side, and a treated 1200 grit oil buffing side on the other).

All the abrasives use a new softer grit. The grit count is the same so the particle size is the same, but the material is actually a little bit softer. This creates less damage to the enhacement during refinement.

Hope this helps ;)
Thanks Sam that clears things up a bit... good idea with the 'no black bits thing' and the 'new softer grit' ;) Just got to wait for the Brisa kits to be in stock now.. ahhhhh the waiting!

The Nail Geek said:

Hope this helps ;)

The Blizzard board is my favorite for my Fabric# system.............
No black bits, now I love that the most !!!!!!
The boomerang buffer is brill for the after build application to refine the edges preparing it for the boost............
Then the boomerang board for the finishing and tweaking and oiling.........
And I also use it for my Brisa...............lol
these new files are very tactile and last ages.................
JMHO

the boomerang buffer is just the best buffer ever- I love him!!!!!!!!! they seem to last forever too

mui said:
A very simple question can you tell me please what country the boards are made in .

Thank you .

For many many years Creative boards and buffers were made in australia ... that is why the names were things like Koala, Outblack, Kanga etc. For many more years they have been made in the UK. Does this answer your question? Forgot to mention they also have some manufactured in the USA.

geeg said:
For many many years Creative boards and buffers were made in australia ... that is why the names were things like Koala, Outblack, Kanga etc. For many more years they have been made in the UK. Does this answer your question?

Yes thank you it answer my question .

I very surprise that america will make boards in uk and ship them to america most boards every body knows are made in usa korea or china i think it is good you make the boards in the uk .

mui said:
Yes thank you it answer my question .

I very surprise that america will make boards in uk and ship them to america most boards every body knows are made in usa korea or china i think it is good you make the boards in the uk .

There are more than several companies in the UK that specialize in making boards and buffers and actually some the highest quality long lasting boards are made right here. This is one of the reasons why CND boards and buffers are more costly than many others, but then they are for the most part VERY long lasting so it is 'swings and roundabouts'.

Hello,

I have the brisa kit and I like the abrasives!! After using them i went to my CND distributor and wanted to buy them but they told me that they are not available here in Germany :sad:
will CND sell them here or not??
I hope.....

Diana

Janosch1974 said:
Hello,

I have the brisa kit and I like the abrasives!! After using them i went to my CND distributor and wanted to buy them but they told me that they are not available here in Germany :sad:
will CND sell them here or not??
I hope.....

Diana

CND UK will not ship into Germany. Each distributor has an exclusive territory, and we respect ansd abide by that. Now if you attend a show in the UK then that is a different story, or if you have a UK address CND can ship to no problem. Just contact head office 00 44 113 275 5719

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back