Quantcast

Credit cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I haven't had a credit card before, my mum kindly put my last training on her card, I have repaid this out of my wages.

I now want further training-and my mum isn't in a position to help me, so I am looking at a credit card for around £1,500-£2,000.

As I am new to this, I am ok to get a credit card to fund my training?

Obviously I want one with 0%, how do u go about getting a card and finding out the monthly repayments? Just want to check I could afford to pay them before I agree.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks xx

chazz!!

Reaction score
Santander have a 0% interest to 17 months, if you max out say £2000 your min payment would be about £30 a month but you would want to try and pay off as much a poss before the interest free runs out. Be carefully as I started my beauty room on credit cards and I was planning to to pay it all off as soon as that was tree years ago and I haven't Evan made a dent. I keep paying min payment then swapping the card when the interest free period runs out so I never get interest. You may also have trouble getting one if you have never had any lones or cards before x

kezza*

Reaction score
A lot of cards at the moment are offering about 18 months interest free when you transfer your credit card balance.

Steph86

Reaction score
Chazz- thank you for ur fab advice, I will take a look at santander-did you sign up online or in the bank? That's good news about the min repayments but like u said I need to look at paying it off before the 0% runs out, so I'd be looking at around £100 a month. What scares me is I think ooo but whàt position will I be in next year (ie out of a job or something :( that's why I've never got one before) but I don't think I'll ever have £1,500 just sat in the bank for training lol! Really appreciate ur advice and honesty xx

Kez- thanks, although I don't have a card to transfer. Xx

deb1511

Reaction score
Go to compare sites Hun they'll compare loads of different companies out there to get the right credit card to suit your requirements and give options of apr % etc X

Beautyy123

Reaction score
Hi hun i love my 0% interest cards. If your over 21 barclaycard premium is one. My new halifax one is on the way and my m&s one i need tocancel. All goodcredit cards. I would advice you would use a 0% card, pay it off by the time the 0% runs out. No point wasteing money on interest.

Charlee-c

Reaction score
Have a look on that Martin Lewis site off daybreak he tells you the best ones at th moment!xx

Tinxy

Reaction score
I was going to be quiet but... I can't!!! :)

I've spent a LOT of years on the money saving forums - heck I'm even a board guide lol!
If at ALL possible don't get a credit card... save for the course and pay it - firstly if you have no credit history at present and being young the chances of a decent 0% card is slim - so then you're looking at paying to borrow... and trust me it's a slippery slope!!!

If you HAVE to borrow then look at something like Zopa if you can't get a good 0% card... and if you DO get a card make SURE you make your monthly payments the correct amount to pay the whole lot off in the 0% period...

Latest posts