Credit crunch and new clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
Hi, would any of you lower your prices if just starting out re: credit crunch or would you try to offer reduced rates (for a limited time)?
Or, would you include something extra special as a freebie or extra to gain clients?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance xx :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never lower your prices hun as its hard to put them up afterwards.

Throughout Jan im offering 20% all treatments this is just a winter blues special.

I also give all new clients a free gift they love the idea that they are getting something for free and i think it makes them feel special that you have taken the time to do this. I got a great idea from a fellow geek about this i always used to just give them a pinkie solar oil but now i brought small gift bags and put a pinkie solar oil in business card and price list.

HTH x

Never lower your prices hun as its hard to put them up afterwards.

Throughout Jan im offering 20% all treatments this is just a winter blues special.

I also give all new clients a free gift they love the idea that they are getting something for free and i think it makes them feel special that you have taken the time to do this. I got a great idea from a fellow geek about this i always used to just give them a pinkie solar oil but now i brought small gift bags and put a pinkie solar oil in business card and price list.

HTH x

Great advice here !!

You have your opening offers and then after your normal regualr prices, but tbh so much research is needed to be done before you open that you should know yourself what you need to do in your area

Hi, would any of you lower your prices if just starting out re: credit crunch or would you try to offer reduced rates (for a limited time)?
Or, would you include something extra special as a freebie or extra to gain clients?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance xx :hug:

Don't reduce your prices - you could put in place a Special Opening Offer, normal price £x, but for a limited time only...£x.

This would allow you to bring your price back into line when you are ready..could be weeks or even months, it's up to you as you have not committed yourself in the advertising of the offer.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not offer add on taster treatments, to current clients, when they book a regular appointment, to get them to try something new e.g eyelash tint (obviously after a patch test), brow shape and tint or mini massage. Either offer it at a very reduced rate e.g £5 or with a big booking give them for free. :hug: Also introduce a friend and you both get 20% off your next booking is a good one as you get a new client and a current one to book. Or book and eyelash tint and get a free foot massage as this can be done while the tint is taking or book a facial and get a 20 minute back massage free as a facial is a big earner anyway.

You don't seem to have a beauty treatment section on your website even though you are qualified in other treatments, it is just mentioned in the "about me" section.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back