Creepy or legitimate male client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzyJesi

Reaction score
Long story, sorry. :(

I recently had a male client email for a bikini wax. He was very adamant that he did not want a Brazilian wax--he wanted a bikini wax and a massage. He informed us that he had not been waxed before and was nervous and requested that if the wax became too painful could we simply trim the hair with hand trimmers. I'm very experienced when it comes to waxing and all of my wax clients claim that I am the gentlest they've experienced. I explained this and he agreed to set an appointment.

When he arrived, we discussed his expectations for the service and I explained to him that our definition of a bikini wax is approximately three fingers out from a traditional panty line. He said then that he wanted more of the groin/genital area waxed. I explained to him the difference between a bikini wax and Brazilian wax and he decided we could go ahead and proceed with the service.

I took him back into our private waxing room, instructed him to remove everything from the waist down and hop onto the table. I cleansed the area and applied the pre-wax oil and laid a bit of hard wax. I pulled the wax and he about pooped himself and insisted that it was too painful (after only one strip!) and requested that I simply trim all of his pubic hair away. I am accustomed to male brazilian waxes and I understand that the penis will become erect and will usually go soft after a minute or two. I had not had a client like this before, so I just trimmed the pubic hair with my hand trimmers. (Seriously--all of it.) He stayed erect for the duration of the service and watched me the entire time. After completing the service, I cleaned him up and instructed him to get dressed and the massage therapist would be in shortly.

He told our MT that his legs and glutes were very tight and he wanted the entire, hour-long massage to be focused on only his legs and glutes. MT is new to the industry, but she was okay with the service and had him prepare. He chose to remove his clothes and she draped him appropriately. She worked his legs and glutes and noticed that he watched her the entire time as well, even going as far as to hold his head up while he was on his back to watch her massage his legs. MT went as high as her professional drape would allow, and at one point, he moved the blanket and requested she go a bit higher. She explained that once the drape is applied, she is held under a professional liability to not go beyond the drape. He complied and the rest of the service went well. He paid, pre-booked an appointment for four weeks out, and left.

A few days later, we received an email from him asking if our email was secure and if we were the only ones who could read it. This raised some red flags, but we said yes and asked him what his question was. He claimed the MT would not go above his knees, that his legs and glutes are legitimately tight from work or physical therapy or whatever, and requested that I perform his massages from then on. I am not a licensed massage therapist, so I cannot perform this service for him.

I discussed the matter with our MT after his initial appointment and she explained everything that had happened during his appointment with her. We discussed it again after receiving the email and decided that it may be best for him to request services from a medical massage therapist and not return to the salon. I am wondering now if we made the right decision, as I have seen him advertising on Craigslist for a trimming service and massage. I really do have the feeling that he's a creeper, but how do you really tell? How can we avoid this type of client in the future?

If it's your gut instinct.... It's probably right! Doesn't sound nice for either of you to be honest I'm uneasy reading it.

Keep safe ladies
X

I agree with hazeleyes, trust your instincts. I have had to deal with many inappropraite males whilst working in spas and I have always had a zero tolerance policy, my staff are taught how to deal with any possible eventuality potential sex offenders (this may sound strong but ultimately this is what these men are) may create. The emotional and physical safety of my staff always comes first. I once had a "client" complain to our client services department about the disgraceful way he was treated in the spa, it was brought to my attention and I embraced the complaint thoroughly and stated that I would be more than happy to sit down and discuss it once I had called the police, strangly the complaint was dropped. I don't consider opening your bathrobe and offering your erect penis to a young woman appropriate behaviour.

The therapist had left the room immediately to inform me, once I arrived he was already on the couch waiting for his massage, I simply touched his shoulder and informed him that his massage was over and I would see him in reception where he would be paying for his treatment in full.

I don't care about offending people who have ulterior motives on their mind as the ultimate fear from a business owner with deviant behaviour should be about the potential rape of your staff.

Ensure you write up an incident report with accounts from both yourself and the therapist and attach copies of the clients emails. I would write a simple message explaining that your therapist is not able to perform the type of massage he is looking for and, as you suggest recommend a more suitable place for him to go.

Always trust your instincts and stay safe.

Latest posts

Back