*Cringe* what was your worse date?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoriabar

Reaction score
As the title says, your worse date... Care to share?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh no. I've had too many bad dates to count. I once met this guy at a festival type camping thing back in Oz and I thought he was really cool. Got really drunk and we were talking all night (nothing else!) and I gave him my number.

A week later he asks me out to dinner. He picks me up from home and I swear to you, this could not have been the same guy. It was him but it wasn't. He had a striking resemblance to Frank Spencer but I remembered him as a surfer dude. He was even wearing a woollen vest!

So off to the restaurant we go. I couldn't look at him, he was just such a nerd. I was about 19 and couldn't look past the nerdiness. Anyway, I was nice and friendly but not over familiar, didnt give him any ideas. For weeks after he was writing me love letters. Oh I'm cringing now just thinking about it.

Last edited:
As the title says, your worse date... Care to share?

Well Vixx I have a few..
Mr A.. Met on a few nights out with the girls, single, my age, told me he was a social smoker only when drinking, knew I had kids.. So he asked me out for a meal.
Meal was ok... He asked loads of questions, did most of the talking and wasn't keen on replying about himself.. He told me he felt intimidated by me as I do my own DIY and decorating and seemed like I didn't actually need a man, he then went on to say he had an issue with me having kids and if I could palm them off on their father I would make an ok girlfriend!!
I reminded him that he knew I had kids from the girls nights out chit chats but he assumed they were tiny and therefore easy to pass along :eek:
As I got up to leave he then told me he wasn't going to take me home but back to his for a much needed shag!!
How delightfully put!
I got dropped off home first ;)

Mr B told me he thought I was younger and was horrified I had (then) a baby granddaughter.
I enjoyed my free drink knowing he was squirming being out with a grandmother then I walked home.

Mr C told me I was a bet, a pull a pig bet... I just got up and walked out.

All of these 'dates with dicks' was within one year... Nothing since as easier to not bother haha

You're really meeting the wrong men! How horrible these sound. I wonder what some women put up with sometimes...but stay silent. I mean the women who actually take up with these vermin.

You're really meeting the wrong men! How horrible these sound. I wonder what some women put up with sometimes...but stay silent. I mean the women who actually take up with these vermin.

Staying silent is the easy option.. Until you finally explode lol BUT I'm a better stronger woman for it, hence the being single for so long and fussy haha

Staying silent is the easy option.. Until you finally explode lol BUT I'm a better stronger woman for it, hence the being single for so long and fussy haha

Stay fussy! :hug:

Stay fussy! :hug:
I think its ingrained now ;)
I've got some fantastic male friends/single dad friends who I love and I know love me right back.. Just not in the carnal way lol.

Meeting up with a smooth talker. He was everybody's friend... until he asked for a loan, which he paid me back, then another loan, which he paid back, and then another which he didn't pay back (£200). Turned out he had been borrowing off everyone, 5 other people, some thousands of pounds, we reported him to the police, he then moved in with a girlfriend of his who he owed thousand pounds, and she found out that he owed shark companies thousands too.

I don't alf pick 'em !!!

I got talking to a friend if a friend on MSN when I was younger. Chatted for a couple of weeks on webcam and got on really well. Decided to meet up for a meal and cinema.

Well having only seen his head on webcam I didn't realise he was about 4 stone overweight. He stank of sweat, and we hardly talked all night!

After the film I gave him the most awkward hug goodbye and got a taxi home!

I really liked him before I met him too lol.

Laura xx

This was when i was younger, i was out with a guy i'd met and my dad walked into same place, he came over and joined us, i could tell straight away he didn't like him, he set about asking him what he thought of this and that and i didn't like the answers i was hearing, i suddenly realised i did'nt really like this guy, at the bar with my dad i said he's a real piece of work thanks for pointing that out oh so subtly dad, lol

Another one from when i was younger, it was a shame though he was a really nice guy asked me out and i had just broken up with someone, he couldn't do right for doing wrong and everything that could go wrong did go wrong and i kept feeling like i shouldnt be there, the car broke down and everything, i just know i'll be on his list of worst dates, i was as cold as anything cause i was comparing him to my previous partner who i still had feelings for, oddly though, i now can't recall who the previous partner was but i can still remember this guy and that night

About 10 years ago I met a guy in a pub on a night out with some friends. Chatting away he accidently dropped his pint smashing it all over the floor he picked the pieces of glass up and started eating them. (Vixx that was in Brannigans in town did you ever go in there?)!! Eek.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

About 10 years ago I met a guy in a pub on a night out with some friends. Chatting away he accidently dropped his pint smashing it all over the floor he picked the pieces of glass up and started eating them. (Vixx that was in Brannigans in town did you ever go in there?)!! Eek.

Haha good ole Brannigans, every Saturday night up until it closed ;)
There used to be the regulars in there, Chicago's too..
Now my brains thinking of all the drunk times we had in there :)

This is why I will not talk to strange men when out in town!!! I don't care how long I have been single it's just makes me cringeeeeeee!!!

I went on a first date and the guy turned up drunk and asked me to go to a friends BBQ, I have no idea why I went there they had been drinking all day and they were teaching a 2 year old to swear, they were like something from shameless, so I told him I was meeting my friends in town and left. He followed me into a cocktail bar where I met my friends he fell asleep in the sofa where we left him and went on to meet some lovely men. I'm so glad I'm not single any more.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

How did it end?! Did you have to take him to a&e? :lol:

Ive never been on a date :( . I met my husband when i was 17, he lived with my dad. Hes abit of a bore and not much of a romantic so we never went on dates.... But im loving hearing about all your bad dates!!!

Never had a date! They freak me out!! It's just an unnecessary awkward social situation! Iv always met guys through friends on nights out and gone from there! My current fella was met at my best friends birthday but we had been at many parties together in the past (I'm friends with all his family) and I even live behind his best friend before I moved here! Then we met cos I was drunk and thought screw it he maybe out of my league but I feel confident after too much vodka! Turns out he had been admiring me online for ages and after a one nighter it has gone from strength to strength!
Iv arranged dates in the past but it's got to the day and iv cancelled using what ever excuse I can think of lol! Fear of being rejected maybe?? :/

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Reading these replies makes me so glad i have never been on a date :biggrin: or does it just make me pathetic? Haha

I went on a double date with a friend in Bournemouth. Had a nice meal with these two chaps and went back to one of their flats. My friends date was a drug counsellor and suddenly decided that he needed to visit one of his clients. He left and locked us in a 3rd storey flat for three hours! No other exit and he thought it was quite normal, I was freaking out in case there was a fire! Never went back!

My worst date was with my husband!!! Ha ha

We'd meet through my brother when I was 17 him 20 we fooled for months then into years, always being in nightclubs/ end of night in kebab shops (classy I know!!😉)

So one day drunk we decided to arrange a date, to see how things went sober!!

Welllll... Being sober was very different let me tell you, not much conversation. Awkward moments. Then after a big silence he asked me what I thought of the fireman on strike!!
I was 19/20 didn't watch the news only MTV ha ha, and was like oh are they 🙈. He's in the army and was covering all their work so it was something hr knew all about!!I n the end we'd missed the film and he took me home.

I texted him saying thanks for a nice evening and hopefully see you soon, as I was infatuated with him. He texted back "which date were you on it was ****!!" So I replied " just being polite but yeah it was crap she you in the kebab shop next wk"

And so we did!!

Had another date few dates a year or so late and much better I wasn't so shy sober been together 10 years married for 7 and have a 3 yr old daughter.

Xxxx

Latest posts

Back