Crisis of confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Geeks!

Thank you for your advice :)
I have decided to NOT go ahead with opening the salon after great thought for all my wasted hours planning. I am just not ready for it in my life right now, in a few years? 100%

So I am booking a week intensive driving course and my Dad is buying me a car( I am sooo great full!) I am still going ahead with the business loan, but this time for a small amount which still ables me to offer the same brands, the same quality of service, new equipment, website and marketing etc
So I am in the process of knocking up another quick business plan!

Just because an opportunity comes our way doesn't mean that we have to take it.
Sometime's the hardest decisions are to not do something. I agree with BP - and I think you'll know when the time is right.

I really admire you for putting it out there and sharing your indecision. And for coming back and letting us know what you're decisions are.

Good luck with your new venture.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

All I can say is keep at it. I try and look at my books over a week rather than a day because you can have some really bad days, especially starting out, and think it's all going pear shaped until you add the week up and it's not too bad.

Try and add retail to everything. Varnishes, removers, skin care and so on.

Have you got a website? I took a leap of faith last year and paid for seo which has done really well for us and we get a lot of clients through it. We have also started a regular ad in our local magazine. The mag is free and has a great weekly distribution, but a good sized ad isn't cheap. I'm doing this about once a month!

Historically, I don't get a lot of work through Facebook. My clientele tend to be 40 plus professional women who may use Facebook but not very actively.

Did you have a client base to start with? When I moved into 'proper' premises, a lot of my clients were very supportive, refusing to use 'Thank you for following me discount vouchers'.
I have also found that people local to me would think I was Vicki who did a bit of beauty. Moving into the salon has made them a lot more trusting of my skills and expertise. We are now known locally for our skin knowledge and we back that up with constant training.

Sorry, the thread had deviated.
Good luck to the op with whatever she decides.

Beccascott, please pm me if I can help any more.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi squidgernetball!
thank you for your advice it's really appreciated! i have invested in Decleor and all of their retail products, and have all of the ORLY polishes to retail too, I think it will just be a case of building it up!
x

Latest posts

Back