Critique my choice of Gelish colours for my first order

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffyclouds

Reaction score
i can choose 12 colours with my kit its been hard as hell to choose but finally i have my list please give your opinions before i commit and order,

french - sheek white, simply sheer

reds - hot rod red, good gossip

Purple - my forbidden love

black - bellas vampire

Pinks - shake it till you samba, pink smoothie, gossip girl

Natural - sweet chocolate, glamour queen

sparkle - vegas nights

Im trying to cover all bases but its hard any advice would be greatly recieved

My only comment hun is Bellas Vampire is not black, its a dark burgundy plum, so if someone wanted black that's not going to cover it, ts a lovely colour and I'd def say get it, but I'd add black too :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 732
My Forbidden Love is a beautiful colour (one of my most popular) so I'd definitely get it but it's a deep burgundy/plum so you might want more purple sort of purple too if you know what I mean lol. I find Starburst my most popular & it looks fab with Vegas nights over the top or layered with Bella's Vampire to make more of a cadbury's purple. Hth xx

my forbidden love is a stunning colour but its a dark red not purple, night reflection is a very popular purple that you might like, here is a pic , I am sure you will find someway to buy more colours soon enough, who needs food anyway :lol:

Attachments

• NIGHT REFLEC.jpg
    NIGHT REFLEC.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 541
ok so which one would you perhaps not choose so i can get a black as well?
thanks you all for your advice x

i can choose 12 colours with my kit its been hard as hell to choose but finally i have my list please give your opinions before i commit and order,

french - sheek white, simply sheer

reds - hot rod red, good gossip

Purple - my forbidden love

black - bellas vampire

Pinks - shake it till you samba, pink smoothie, gossip girl

Natural - sweet chocolate, glamour queen

sparkle - vegas nights

Im trying to cover all bases but its hard any advice would be greatly recieved

You could use bellas vampire as your purple. Then you can get black shadow for your black.
Although for my purple I got Starburst. It's a bright/light one with a light shimmer but looks amazing and deep over black shadow! Layer up and get 2 colours with 1 ;)

Laura xx

Quite good compilation.
For black I've got Black Shadow, and when it comes to Hot Rod Red beware it's kind of brownish red, frankly I don't like it as I wanted very classic one. Besides I think to start with 1 red is enough, you'd be better off getting some other colour instead. Maybe dark grey for the Autumn? Fashionably Slate is awesome :)

Sorry to contradict but hot rod red is a actually their true classic red as my gelish educator advised and they use it as their main red in competitions , are you sure you mean hot rod red as my bottle defo has no signs of brown,

I would say its the best red to go for if you only went for one

You could maybe not get shake till you samba as this is more of a summer colour and sadly ours has ended :(

Izzy Wizzy is a great glitter, it totally changes some colours giving your more options. I know everyone's clients are different but it's defo my most popular.

I'd say good choices.

Bella's vampire is my all time fave.

I use little princesses and then sheek white for French which I like better than sheek white and simple sheer.

ok so which one would you perhaps not choose so i can get a black as well?
thanks you all for your advice x

It's so hard to narrow it down! Depends on the type of clients you're likely to have but if I had to choose i'd maybe not order shake it til you samba yet. It's a fab bright pink but seeing as we're going into autumn/winter I'd go for something darker if it were me, gossip girl is still bright enough for anyone who wants a nice bold pink xx

I also use hot rod red as my 'pillar box red'. It's a really classic colour and I live it :). It's almost identical to OPI's big apple red :)

Laura xx

My only comment hun is Bellas Vampire is not black, its a dark burgundy plum, so if someone wanted black that's not going to cover it, ts a lovely colour and I'd def say get it, but I'd add black too :)

Hi Maz101, can I ask where you got the ring and nail for the bottle, great idea.

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask where you got the ring and nail combo, great idea!

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back