Critiques please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeroprojection

Reaction score
Hi geeks, Ive just completed my second set of Acrylic nails. I trained with The Edge and I'm now improving the skills on friends and family so would really appreciate the feedback. I know there are tons of posts by people wanting feedback on there nails but I'm really enjoying it and excited to keep trying new things.
On this set I used The Edge Active tips overlayed with white and pink acrylic. This was my first attempt at creating the smile line myself and it was a bit fiddly.

I know the pictures arent very close up and dont show different angles so could anybody just comment on what ive got to show..... Thanks everyone

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Im sure someone writes here a longer post about whats should be improved, but I tel you one thing - These nails will get lifting issues from edges quite soon.

Im sure someone writes here a longer post about whats should be improved, but I tel you one thing - These nails will get lifting issues from edges quite soon.

Could you elaborate on that. As I say looking for a bit of advice

Hi

I won't advise on your nails as I don't feel I'm qualified enough to being a newbie myself. Just wanted to say well done for posting. It takes guts to get your work critiqued.

I'm sure someone will be along to give you some advice. Xx

Please don't take this the wrong way but as I'm a relative newbie, if you were to tell me I would definitely get lifting from the edges, I would respectfully at least want to know why?

X

You'll probably get lots of helpful advice if you post in the nail critiques section xx

You'll probably get lots of helpful advice if you post in the nail critiques section xx

Thanks..... Didnt even kno about that. ill try moving it

Hi zeroprojection, a couple of things. First, well done for posting. Second, I think the nails are too long. When you have someone with very short nails, they may have a difficult time adjusting to the length, thus causing lifting.

Third, it's difficult to see much detail from the pics but use your 'line of light' for a nice, smooth finish to your nails.

I think you are off to a great start. :)

Hi zeroprojection, a couple of things. First, well done for posting. Second, I think the nails are too long. When you have someone with very short nails, they may have a difficult time adjusting to the length, thus causing lifting.

Third, it's difficult to see much detail from the pics but use your 'line of light' for a nice, smooth finish to your nails.

I think you are off to a great start. :)

Sorry if im being a bit dim but Line of light?

You're not being dim!

Look at the nail under your table lamp. Move the nail from side to side and from free edge to eponychium. The reflection from the lamp should be a straight line. If the line is not straight or it's wavy, you have more finish filing to do. HTH! :)

You are never ever dim ok. You are learning and if you don't ask then you don't learn.

I can't comment from pictures but if you ever need any advice just send me a message and I will help to the best of my ability. :D. Xxxxx

Thanks everyone for the feedback, Ive completed a few more sets since so ill upload them hopefully tomorrow. Glad to see so many people happy to take the time to offer support and advice, even if that first comment was a bit rude.

Latest posts

Back