Cruelty free colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuroraLoves

Reaction score
I am looking to try a different colour range. I currently use Wella - Koleston Perfect. I won't use Matrix or L'Oreal as I know they test on animals, but was wondering if anyone knows of any good ranges that are cruelty free? I have no problem with people who do use these products, it's just my personal choice not to.xx

Affinage I think don't test on animals x

I am looking to try a different colour range. I currently use Wella - Koleston Perfect. I won't use Matrix or L'Oreal as I know they test on animals, but was wondering if anyone knows of any good ranges that are cruelty free? I have no problem with people who do use these products, it's just my personal choice not to.xx

Affinage is the only one I know of and that's the main reason I started using it but I love it for the results and it's great on the bank balance lol

If you feel like ordering from Australia there's DeLorenzo.

As mentioned above Affinage and also Aveda and Paul Mitchell.

Sorry, just found where you can buy it, as you weren't sure if salon only?

Sorry, just found where you can buy it, as you weren't sure if salon only?

Nah I use affinage and I'm mobile, I was referring to Paul Mitchell and aveda being salon exclusive lol

Wow didnt realise loreal and matrix still test on animals!!

Hey MATRIX Colors are Not tested on Animals nor Redken either, i cant comment for Majorel as i dont like the color brand but Matrix and redken are deffo not tested on animals

Thankyou so much for all of your replies. I will look into affinage I think.xx

Hey MATRIX Colors are Not tested on Animals nor Redken either, i cant comment for Majorel as i dont like the color brand but Matrix and redken are deffo not tested on animals

L'oreal test on animals, therefore Matrix and Redken are tested on animals...

Matrix and Redken are under loreal but are only sister companies as Matrix and Redken colors are made in Spain and loreal is made in Germany and are operated by different companies, but do be careful with this thread as loreal will be looking with great interests !!!!

Matrix and Redken are under loreal but are only sister companies as Matrix and Redken colors are made in Spain and loreal is made in Germany and are operated by different companies, but do be careful with this thread as loreal will be looking with great interests !!!!

matrix and redken are tested on animals....if you'd like me to prove it with links, i can...

matrix : http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/search.aspx?Testing=1&Range=5

redken: http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/search.aspx?Testing=1&Range=6

Last edited:
Wel lthat report was over 4 years ago and applies to the OLD Matrix essentials of shampoos and conditioner line, Socolor beauty i can conform is NOT tested on animals as i have Matrix today and they discontinued there essentials range over 2 years ago and the new Total results range is also animal friendly too.

Wel lthat report was over 4 years ago and applies to the OLD Matrix essentials of shampoos and conditioner line, Socolor beauty i can conform is NOT tested on animals as i have Matrix today and they discontinued there essentials range over 2 years ago and the new Total results range is also animal friendly too.

Well that may be so but when searching it, the only thing I can find is biolage being cruelty free and if the rest of the range is PETA certified then I'd have thought they'd want to broadcast it.
I have read though that loreal would like to be PETA certified completely by 2013 but whether that will happen I don't know.
I find it strange that all these companies still feel the need to test on animals even though, science, technology and hair colour/products have come such a long way!

Latest posts

Back