Cruelty free makeup brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
As the title says really, what are the best foundations for coverage but are cruelty free. I was really dissappointed to find Mac products are tested on animals. I'm new to makeup so want to start building a kit

Urban decay, Jane Iredale - check peta uk for other brands that are cruelty free x

Face Atelier, awesome foundation, carries the leaping bunny logo.

Illamasqua :) xxx

Brilliant I'll start looking at these products! Thank you xx

Hmmm maybe check this out with regards to cruelty
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457028227.175235.jpg

I don't think Urban decay is 100% cruelty free.
It's swings & roundabouts now a days.
They can get around it by not having to actually say they test on animals when their parent companies test on animals for them. x

yep, Face Atelier is a Canadian brand and officially marketed as cruelty-free. Their range isn't huge but their foundation is ah-mazing. I use it on everyone (except very mature skin - my lovely mum is in her 70s and it's not got enough 'slip' for her, although actually it might work over some Hydra Veil). You can even thin it with their special product for use in an airbrush. I bang on about Face Atelier on here all the time - but it is the best foundation I've ever used. lots of the people I've used it on have immediately gone out and bought it for themselves! I am currently using it over Nars Light Optimising Primer and it looks fabulous in real life and on camera.

I don't think Urban decay is 100% cruelty free.
It's swings & roundabouts now a days.
They can get around it by not having to actually say they test on animals when their parent companies test on animals for them. x

Urban decay are listed on PETA as cruelty free [emoji4]

As I said their parent company (loreal) test on animals
Yes I know I used to work for them, but Urban Decay don't test on animals and loreal don't do it on their behalf. PETA takes the cruelty free branding seriously and will take it away from brands that do - 2012 when urban decay considered selling in China PETA revoked their cruelty free status but gave it back when they decided against it.

Yes I know I used to work for them, but Urban Decay don't test on animals and loreal don't do it on their behalf. PETA takes the cruelty free branding seriously and will take it away from brands that do - 2012 when urban decay considered selling in China PETA revoked their cruelty free status but gave it back when they decided against it.

Clearly there's conflicting information on the internet then. :)

Urban decay are under loreal and loreal have a reputation for testing on animals.

I *think* the hopping bunny sign on the packaging of product tells you if it's cruelty free.

Some products are vegan, some don't test on animals full stop, some don't test on animals but will accept ingredients from companies that do, some are entirely cruelty free. It's a complex area that requires some research.

Nars foundation is amazing and cruelty free, most products are vegan and all are duitable for vegatarians. I prefer living harmony's blog on cruelty free brands then peta.

Also just because a parent company tests does not mean the brand you are buying is tested on animals or that the parent company tests on their behalf.

At some point in history every ingredient bar water would have been tested on animals but may not now. The european law on animal testing is designed to stop all end products and new ingredients being tested on animals.

Also to leave on a positive, the usa have just anounced that they are looking to bring in laws to prevent cosmetic ingredients and products being animal tested.

Thank you everyone for your help, I know it will take a lot of research to find out which are completely cruelty free but as long as I have some really good brands in mind that I can start off looking for :) if anyone else knows any really good pigmented eyeshadows that are obviously cruelty free then I appreciate your help x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457128076.562218.jpg

I just saw this on my facebook... Not sure how correct it is but thought it may help? X

This looks spot on, pretty much the same as what I've seen, thank you for sending that though!x

No problem at all doll, glad I could help x

I am a makeup artist and vegan so only use vegan and cruelty free products/tools etc.. I mainly use Arbonne - 36yr old company originating from Switzerland. They are botanically based, vegan certified (do not contain animal derivative's or test on animals), paraben, mineral oil, gluten free with amazing results. They are also non-comedogenic (allows skin to breath - actually feels as though not wearing any base at all) and hypoallergenic (designed with sensitive skin in mind). See picture for the coverage of the foundation. This is using the primer and liquid foundation.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448807526856.jpg
    FB_IMG_1448807526856.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back