Cruelty free nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sureyya

Reaction score
Hiya! Iam currently looking for cruelty free nail polish - both conventional and gel? Any suggestions or recommendations?? I have found a website called Rainbow Connection but as far as I can make out , these polishes are not salon quality which is a shame as some of these colours look gorgeous.
Anyway, thanks in advance ;)
Sureyya xx

I use Nubar gel and lacquer ...it is cruelty free and vegan too which is fantastic [emoji106] I get it from palmsextra http://www.palmsextra.com/ x

I use Nubar gel and lacquer ...it is cruelty free and vegan too which is fantastic [emoji106] I get it from palmsextra http://www.palmsextra.com/ x

Thank you, Titterbug!
I have been using gelish but where possible I would like to go cruelty free. Am I right in thinking Gelicure is the gel equivalent and the nubar is the conventional lacquer?? I have the led 5-45 lamp would I need to change this to uv? Sorry for all the questions o_O x

Thank you, Titterbug!
I have been using gelish but where possible I would like to go cruelty free. Am I right in thinking Gelicure is the gel equivalent and the nubar is the conventional lacquer?? I have the led 5-45 lamp would I need to change this to uv? Sorry for all the questions o_O x
Yes Gelicure is the gel polish, it is both UV and LED curable. I use Nubar's mani pedi range, it's ok, smells a bit synthetic tbh, it's nice but doesn't feel massively luxurious imo- I have really high standards though and it's decent for the price. The polish is really nice! Lovely shade range and Palms has lots of multipacks on offer. It's also not for sale in boots etc, which is a bonus! Gelicure though I've not gotten on that well with. Most colours needs 3 coats for full coverage and removal can be tricky. It does last really well though! Also a lot of the colours don't have a good inhibition layer so it doesn't work that well with glitters- annoying because I asked if it did before I bought it! The black is good and sticky and I usually use that if I want to use glitter. You can work around all this though and it is a good quality long lasting product. Palms have absolutely fantastic customer service! Honestly the best I've ever dealt with, any issues and they'll bend over backwards to help! They also have 3 for 2 weekends and vat free days. Nubar don't sell their own lamp, Palms recommend the pro med UV, which works great but the thing is a huge monster! Ring them because I'm sure they'll say the Gelish lamp is fine. I have a few different ranges and brands I use and it is good to have Nubar for vegan clients, they proudly display the bunny logo on their bottles and they're on PETA's good list.

If you wanna go all out, sparitual is gorgeous! I don't think they do a gel range though. They are pricey, but lovely high end spa quality. You can buy sample packets of their mani pedi range to test from NSI, obv not the polishes. The polish range is very pretty, beautiful colours.

I also want to say Biosculpture is vegan and cruelty free? Not 100% certain though.

I buy a few bits from Rainbow Connection, mainly for myself though. I consider some of them to be boutique brands. It's not a trade site though so it's not cheap! They also don't sell gel or mani pedi ranges etc.

As always, my reply was really long lol! I hope it was helpful! X

Yep the gelicure is the gel polish....I have a LED lamp but I do also have a uv lamp mine are not Nubar lamps and they work fine...best thing is to try them with the gelicure before going out buying new lamps...they have just got in the spring colours which are really nice[emoji6] xx

Conventional nails polish - spa sanctuary is vegan and cruelty free. Can't speak for how it applies though x

SpaRitual - vegan x

Zoya for nail polishes x

Wow!!! Thank you so much, ladies! I'm really touched at how much info you've given me. Thank you! I have had sparitual pedi before and it was lovely. I also discovered rainbow connection yesterday and was blown away - just wasn't sure if it was salon / freelance quality. I really feel people are unaware of the process products go through before they are deemed safe. Personally I haven't always been so aware but it's something I'm really passionate about and would love to create an awareness for. Many thanks again!
Have great day xx

I know that Lily Lolo, who do professional mineral makeup will be adding a cruelty free nail varnish to their line in the very near future

Thank you, Lady Murasaki. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Xx

InkLondon iLac is cruelty free, vegan and produced within the EU ☺

Shellac is also vegan xxx

thank you! I'll be sure to have a look at inklondon

thank you, For the tip off Miranda182.
I'll also keep an eye out on various websites and blogs xx

Thank you, Lady Murasaki. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Xx

I will pm when they do come out, as I'm a lily Lolo stockist [emoji4]

I will pm when they do come out, as I'm a lily Lolo stockist [emoji4]

Morning Lady Murasaki, I've just looked at the website. Gorgeous Products! If you could that would be great ;)x

Morning Amy. Thanks for that. I like the fact it's one step and the colour looks good and the brush looks neat too. Is it a professional system?? x
Currently available to everyone. If just applied mine yesterday must say ita lovely colour and application brill.

Latest posts

Back