Cruelty free spray tan solution, help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy Raw Eden Beauty

'Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful'
Reaction score
Hello

I have been out of the game for a few years now, but recently decided to start up my tanning business again. I used to use Fake Bake, but i am now wanting to use cruelty free products.

Can anyone recommend any tanning solutions in the UK market that a) do not test on animals and b) vegan friendly or at least organic!

Thanks
Lucy

Um the law for uk and indeed Europe is no Animal testing is allowed at any stage in the product manufacture of it is to be sold within the EU and UK. So if that point falls away.
Vegan, not too sure but isn't it a derivative of sugar extract that is active ingredient so might be free from animal products.

Thanks for your reply! I think i have found an organic spray tan! Its called Eco by Sonya, have you ever heard of it?

Nope but I don't live in London anymore which is probably why [emoji85]

Hello

I have been out of the game for a few years now, but recently decided to start up my tanning business again. I used to use Fake Bake, but i am now wanting to use cruelty free products.

Can anyone recommend any tanning solutions in the UK market that a) do not test on animals and b) vegan friendly or at least organic!

Thanks
Lucy

Hi there!

I use norvell and could not recommend enough! I emailed them asking them for a sample, they sent me 2 litres for free!

They are organic, smell strong, give a nice brown colour and my clients have said that they do not feel as sticky as other brands.

Maybe pop them an email and see if you can get a sample :)

Here is a link X

http://norvell.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=79_80_104

Thats great, thanks for the link. I'll have a look into that x :)

Nouvatan are all of the above that you request xx

OMG Hi!! Im Vegan! My business is entirely Vegan and Cruelty Free. I use Suntana, but I believe Crazy Angel is also Vegan. I contact my suppliers every 6 months to confirm ingredients havent changed to non-vegan ones. As Spray Tan DHA is an amino acid, it is likely many are not suitable. Be careful as some suppliers and wholesalers fob you off, so you absolutely do not go by your first line answer as it is usually incorrect. People think that well its not an animal, it doesnt contain gelatine so it must be ok, but even many chemicals come from an animal somewhere down the line and its worth being extra vigilant. You may also find that many suppliers arent keen on providing the information, which are the ones you want to stay away from. You will need to say:

Dear xxxx,

Please would you provide a statement from your manufacturer to confirm that your product is Vegan (containing no animal derivatives) and is not tested on animals.

Hope this helps!! xxx

Nouvatan is cruelty free, organic and vegan, and have all their logos made up for you to use in your business to promote this. They are a lovely brand, fantastic customer service and my clients love the colour and really great fade off (not patchy at all)

OMG Hi!! Im Vegan! My business is entirely Vegan and Cruelty Free. I use Suntana, but I believe Crazy Angel is also Vegan. I contact my suppliers every 6 months to confirm ingredients havent changed to non-vegan ones. As Spray Tan DHA is an amino acid, it is likely many are not suitable. Be careful as some suppliers and wholesalers fob you off, so you absolutely do not go by your first line answer as it is usually incorrect. People think that well its not an animal, it doesnt contain gelatine so it must be ok, but even many chemicals come from an animal somewhere down the line and its worth being extra vigilant. You may also find that many suppliers arent keen on providing the information, which are the ones you want to stay away from. You will need to say:

Dear xxxx,

Please would you provide a statement from your manufacturer to confirm that your product is Vegan (containing no animal derivatives) and is not tested on animals.

Hope this helps!! xxx
Thank you! Thats really helpful. Ive found a 100% vegan spray tan, Eco by Sonya. Its made in Australia and is approved by the Austrialian OFC. Do you do lashes? What brand do you recommend?? xx

Sienna X is cruelty free
Smells amazing and looks fab to

Thank you! Thats really helpful. Ive found a 100% vegan spray tan, Eco by Sonya. Its made in Australia and is approved by the Austrialian OFC. Do you do lashes? What brand do you recommend?? xx

For lifting I use salon system (confirmed vegan), but for lash extensions I dont actually do them anymore..but lashfx aftercare retail mascara and sealant duo is suitable, also their lash cleanser/makeup remover and so is lash emporium medium glue. Lashes of course no silk lashes or 'mink.' Synthetic only.

Glad you found a tan! Let me know if you need any more help xx

Dear xxxx,

Hope this helps!! xxx

Crazy Angel is not vegan unfortunately, it contains Hydrolyzed Silk x

Vita Liberata. 100% cruelty free and natural ingredients x

Dear xxxx,

Hope this helps!! xxx

Oooh, maybe you can help, where did you find all your vegan products/ what do you use or recommend pls, wanting to go down that avenue x

Latest posts

Back