Cruise Ships?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niks85

Reaction score
hey!
just wondering if any of u have worked on cruise ships??
ive been interested in doing this for a long time. i no its long hours but i think it would be great experience.
just wondering if any of u geeks have done this and wat u think of it??

hey!
just wondering if any of u have worked on cruise ships??
ive been interested in doing this for a long time. i no its long hours but i think it would be great experience.
just wondering if any of u geeks have done this and wat u think of it??

If you do a search on cruise ship working, you will find more opinions darl..

I definately think it would be GRRRRRRREAT experience too!!

Very long hours, hard work and not great living conditions apparently, but it would definately be great life experience, and they say you can save LOADSA money. (although I wouldn't, I manage to spend every penny I get, terrible!!) :smack:

I think I started a thread a while back asking the same as you are now..

If I was single, I'd definately think more seriously about doing it!!
If you are young, free and single, go for it hun!!!

:green:
xxxx

cheers sarahmarie!
il look that up. it would be great to get out of ireland for the winter n its very quite on the nail front where i live in winter.
i heard u could save loads of dosh aswel, which would help me to get back to australia!!!
hmmm.... you no, il think il have to do it :)

thanks hiba. i checked that out. it help, im nearly 100% on my way :lol:

cheers sarahmarie!
il look that up. it would be great to get out of ireland for the winter n its very quite on the nail front where i live in winter.
i heard u could save loads of dosh aswel, which would help me to get back to australia!!!
hmmm.... you no, il think il have to do it :)

i worked on cruiselines for four years now, id have to say NCL are the best company to go with, Norweigen Cruise Liners, ive sailed from alaska all the way down to the south of america and across to the carribean, as somebody mentioned about the hours, they are fifteen hour working days and you dont always get to go on shore when we have docked, but your bound to get on land three or four times of the journey.
The pay is excellent and your paid cash in hand and all money is kept in a safe for you, your allowed to take as much cash as you like from your wage but trust me you wont need it lol, all your meals are thrown in.
its a great experience, you work 15 weeks onboard and then three weeks off, so you get to either go back to the UK or carry on travelling which is what i chose. i'd definately go for it.
but if you dont want to do far atlantic cruises, why not just do overnight ferrys for P&O or some kind of cmpany, or a medi cruise which lasts two weeks and then get a week off et cet, they arent too bad, if you were to choose something like that then id go for easy jet they have a fantastic cruise shio.
good luck in whatever you choose to do x:)

i think it would SUCK!! but i get severely seasick -- i cant even watch boats on tv LOL so i dont think my opinion matters haha

I'm friendly with a girl who worked on the QE2 for 17 years and is now on the Queen Mary. She loves her life and has bought and paid for a house out of her tips. She's been all over the world and has had some fabulous invitations to visit clients when she's on holiday.
I can't see her leaving her job anytime soon.
You go for it, girl.:hug:

a hairdresser friend if mine did cruise and LOVED IT !

Latest posts

Back