Crushed shell too THICK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daredevil

Reaction score
I find some of the crushed shells VERY thick! Do you crush them more? Or file them down after putting on?? I use gel.

I also found them to be thick so I crush them down before I use them. I put them in a bag and battered them with a rolling pin. Not very professional I know but I'm being honest here:lol:

I've never had to crush my shells more than they were already crushed. I guess it depends on from where you got them.
Also, it could be that they 'seem' thick because they were mixed in too much gel, and 'floated up' to the top...

If you'd like my dist for crushed shells, just let me know.

There ARE 3 different 'grits' for crushed shells, for those that didnt know. :wink2:

VHunter said:
I've never had to crush my shells more than they were already crushed. I guess it depends on from where you got them.
Also, it could be that they 'seem' thick because they were mixed in too much gel, and 'floated up' to the top...

If you'd like my dist for crushed shells, just let me know.

There ARE 3 different 'grits' for crushed shells, for those that didnt know. :wink2:
No Victoria I didn't know that. I had no idea that this was the case. I must have bought the ones that they fix roads with.:eek:
I'll know better next time.

i didnt know that either. i have been looking for crushed shell to practice this and i havent seen any that tell you what size grit they are.

I didnt know that, thanks!
I also got some to fix roads with *LOL*, but I also have some that are thin, thinks Ill have a go at these instead.

It is not that they are "floating on top", because in the pot some of them are like 1 mm thick!! BIG!

Thanks again, Ill try to be more carefull what I buy next time!

I have a mini mortar & pestle that I use if they need a bit of extra crushing. It only cost about $4

There is someone selling them on Geekbay, I bought some and they are really good, fine grit and loads of colours.

Raw Beauty I think her ID is - take a peek.

cyberlaika said:
Could you tell me the dist. on Ebay?

My 'fave' nail art dist, from whom I get the bulk of nail art product is on ebay AND has a seperate site
This is their seperate site: http://rhinestonesandcrafts.com/ and if you prefer the security of ebay, just search stores for "rhinestones and crafts" and you'll find them.

Tell them "Victoria from Canada referred me and mentioned a 10% discount" and that's what you'll get.... a 10% discount :green:
They are where I get my shells from (among other things lol.

hth's

ladybgemini said:
There is someone selling them on Geekbay, I bought some and they are really good, fine grit and loads of colours.

Raw Beauty I think her ID is - take a peek.

Thanks Rachel, I'm really glad you like the products.:hug:

1999judy said:
I also found them to be thick so I crush them down before I use them. I put them in a bag and battered them with a rolling pin. Not very professional I know but I'm being honest here:lol:

lol, i have visions of you in rollers with a pinny on weilding a huge rolling pin- result- more managable crushed shells!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back