Crushing on a co-worker, yikes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortstuff87

Reaction score
First and foremost I would like to say, Im brand spankin NEW to this site. Hello ladies and gentlemen if theyre also out there lol I love getting shellac nails by the way my bff got me hooked. ANyways on to the actual topic in mind...Umm I dont know how to start but I started working at this place about yr ago. Im usually not into caucasian guys but Ive noticed the last few months ive really been crushing on my coworker. He recently got promoted as assistant manager.

He is actually 4 years younger than I as well and Im usually into older guys!!Last but not least the major bummer of this story is that he has a gf and hes been with her for about 2 years. He is actually from FL like myself but we now live in NY. He moved to NYC about 3 months before i did. Anyways by no means do I EVER think to break him and his gf up. In fact Im very professional at work. I do NOT give any indication that Im into him.

My coworkers always tease us because we both act like brother and sister always arguing about something but were mostly just kidding around. We never flirt with each other at all. My thing is, ever since I could remember ive always been EXTREMELY SHY. Im the type of person who keeps my feelings for someone to myself and I blush very easily. There have been times he would start speaking to me and Id start blushing.

One of my ex coworkers told my manager (the one above him) that she suspected I liked him because I would look at him with googley eyes! I had no idea I was doing this!!! I was completely mortified when my manager told me this. But anyways in my head, I think that he KNOWS that I like him and I hope I am wrong! Do you guys think that he knows??? My best friend says that a person knows when theyre liked and feel the tension. Ugh that scraes the crap out of me! What do u guys think??? :Scared:

I couldn't disagree more with the 'someone knows they are liked' comment. Unless i am just crap at reading the 'signs' lol i am completely oblivious if someone likes me.

Are you a salon professional, is this a salon environment you are working in?
Are there rules in your work place about fraternising with co workers?

Are you a salon professional, is this a salon environment you are working in?
Are there rules in your work place about fraternising with co workers?

From what I can make out from the OP's post, she loves having Shellac done and is "hooked" And might not be a salon professional. It doesn't sound like a salon environment but that's just mere speculation. I could have it completely wrong! :eek:

However, most work places have policies in place which discourage relationships between staff members but no one follows them. I married a co-worker and have had 2 kids with him. So much for the rules. :rolleyes:

I think if you all of a sudden became shy around him they might (Assume) that either you fancy him or the other way round that he fancies you and maybe one or both are feeling awkward or not so awkward lol, so as far as they know it could be either one of you and they are trying to find out which one because they don't really know, so chances are they will pull him in to ask him the same
How awkward is that !
Neither of you have done actually done anything wrong so they must be determined to nip it in the bud at the early stages, i wonder why that is ? (that's what id be asking)

Last edited:
I don't really intend on pursuing him. He has a girlfriend and I don't flirt with him at all. My hob is, really strict about that..u can't even touch someone in any way shape or form without ppl thinking it's sexual harassment lol Im always, positive he knows that I like him ! Ugh! I was speaking to my coworker about how I'm really scared that he knows and she said that when he speaks to me he stares at me and looks at me differently than anyone else! I have noticed this too. It's not a flirt type of stare, it seems like a stare like he's wondering if i like him or not in his head. Geez!!! I'm a mess this has really been A weight on my shoulders, it's so embarrassing cuz I'm so shy and awkward. :/

If you don't want to Pursue him, which you can't, he has a girlfriend and he's your assistant manager, you just need to stop analysing the situation and concentrate on your work for your own sake, if you don't people will notice and the situation will get all blown out of proportion :) x

You're absolutely right!!!! Thanks for your, straight forward post. I just need to just focus on my job and quit v over thinking stuff. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back