Cry Baby or MYscara?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
I'm looking to train in the new lash dip. Not sure what th difference is apart from a massive difference in price?

Cry Baby claims to last 2 weeks while MYscara says upto 6 weeks.

Does anyone know which company is best to go with?

Id be really interested to hear from anyone who has had the treatment or done the training.

Thank you :green:

I had the same dilema. There is a geek on here who will be doing both courses so I am really interested to hear her feedback.

I decided to go for CryBaby and hope I have made the right decision as it is MUCH more expensive.

My reason for this is because I felt it was a much larger brand and there will be a salon finder on their website. The marketing materials are excellent and I likened it to the HD Brows brand (lots of people will do something similar but you are are buying into the "brand").

I've already got bookings for it so am hoping it's been a worthwhile investment.

It's so new that it's difficult to make a decision isn't it?

I'm desperately trying to get booked on a course for MYscara, but not having much luck with contacting everyone. I was torn between the two, but the main thing that draws me to MYscara (apart from the fact I like the name :)) is that the solution is premixed, whereas with Cry Baby you mix it.

I'm desperately trying to get booked on a course for MYscara, but not having much luck with contacting everyone. I was torn between the two, but the main thing that draws me to MYscara (apart from the fact I like the name :)) is that the solution is premixed, whereas with Cry Baby you mix it.

You DO mix with CryBaby but the purpose of this is to let you achieve different looks depending on what the client wants. From a natural mascara to a really dramatic, built up masacara look.

You may be able to build up with the MYscara too but I'm not sure.

Can somebody please share with me what Crybaby and Myscara is?!! Sounds exciting - need to know more!! Thanks x

Can somebody please share with me what Crybaby and Myscara is?!! Sounds exciting - need to know more!! Thanks x

Was just going to say the same thing! Lol!

This sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more xxx

They are both semi permanent mascaras, giving a full long lash effect. I know that therd are loads of pics on facebook for myscara. I am booked in for my training next month and very very excited about offering this to clients.

I too want to go on myscara training and finding it very difficult to get hold of someone hopefully will soon x

I too want to go on myscara training and finding it very difficult to get hold of someone hopefully will soon x

Hi, We have been working around the clock to cope with demand. You can pm me. email [email protected] call 0141 334 0080 or alot of people contact us via our page at MYscara | Facebook I have answered all emails to do with MYScara so perhaps I havent received yours? xx

Does anyone know if you need to patch test clients for this product?

Does anyone know if you need to patch test clients for this product?
Can only answer about CryBaby....

Although there are no know allergens in this product, (and I don't think USA technicians need to patch test) the British insurance companies have said that we DO need to patch test to be covered for insurance.

Hi all!
I'm doing my Myscara training next week so will let you all know what it's like! I also was torn between the 2 but Myscara won it for me in the end,as it's all ready pre mixed and also there seems to be a lot of demand for it!My clients are very excited about this product and I think it's gonna be a huge success!!
xx

Thanks Ellibee for answering my question re the patch testing!

no patch test, this application is only for the lashes not on the skin.

Cry Baby Mascara was invented 4 years ago, and we have spent 3 years perfecting the formulation, tools and application before we sold to our first salon. It is a patented, proprietary, one of a kind custom-mixed formula. All ingredients are individually FDA approved.

The beauty of Cry Baby is that, it is, custom-mixed and custom applied by the professional. If the client wants a light, more natural look - they can have it. If they want a more full, glamorous look, they can have it. Either way, it will look and feel like their favorite mascara; only it won't run, smudge or smear - for at least 2 weeks!

It is tailor-made for weddings, events, vacations, or just for women who want the ease of only having to put on mascara twice a month.

When we formally launched at the Cosmoprof North America Trade-show last July 2010, the entire concept of "semi permanent mascara" did not exist. We announced it to the professional beauty world. A few months later, Lashdip arrived. There are a few significant factual differences between Cry Baby and our competitors. Research, development and product formulation, we cannot legally be copied so no one does it like the innovators. We are the original. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. So, Thanks.

We do only sell to licensed professionals. We do require Certification.
"Like" us on Facebook (Cry Baby Mascara). You can see more pictures, videos, comments, and check our upcoming training schedule.

And what if it somehow accidentally gets on the skin?
Lash extensions are not meant for the skin but we still patch test?

MYscara does advocate a patch test...just 2 or 3 outer lashes done for 24-48 hours, and I personally wouldn't dream of doing it without one! The eyes just aren't worth taking any risk with.

Yes, of course it goes on the lashes only, but tint should also go on the lashes only!!

Thank you ladies I have managed to book on for the end of the month. Decided to go for Myscara :) so excited!!!

Innovator,

When I was researching CryBaby, I did read that there was no patch test required and this is a great benefit for clients as it saves an additional trip to the salon.

However, my insurance company has stipulated that I DO need to patch clients for my insurance to be valid.

I'm sure it's because they simply don't understand the product as it's so new to the UK.

I will continue to patch test (although it's a bit of a pain) to ensure I am covered for insurance purposes, but do you think the UK insurers will change their view once they become more informed about the product?

There has been a huge demand for Myscara as Uk based and pre mixed..information etc is being sent out as quick as possible and all efforts are being made for those interested and wanting to train!
There has been some negative feed back on this site but i feel this is just minor teething problems! There is a market for all competitors and one can only go with what they truly believe. Speak to the distributors and trainers and don't always believe the hype!! Cry baby may be big in America but that doesn't means it's nescessarily the best for you! be objective.

Latest posts

Back