Crybaby or myscara- which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lashed11

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Has anyone completed Crybaby or myscara training?

I'd really like to train in semi p mascara, I already have a large client base for nouveau lash extensions...So this treatment is def something I need to train in... But can't decide who to train with! The cry baby kit looks really sweet and professional, although obv more expensive... Hmmm

Can anyone help at all? :D

Hi I have just booked with crybaby, I know it's more expensive but you get more in your kit, they have researched it and used it in America for the last 4 years, so just thought they may have sorted out more problems that may arise! And I like the name!

I've booked to do myscara course!- looked into it loads, researched it- looks fab!- can't wait!. X

Crybaby u need to mix it, MYscara is premixed - coupled with lvl it'll be great x I went for MYscara meself xx

I am booked on my myscara the fact thats its premixed is great x

I am booked with Cry Baby. I like the fact that it's not pre-mixed so you can customize it for your clients.
I also find the marketing more professional and the company themselves more professional plus they have been doing it for some years already. My clients are very excited about it and I have people booked in already!

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

I think I like the idea of having to mix because it means I can tailor make it more for my clients which is always good. But then again, there is a big difference in price between the 2! Iv had a wee look around and noticed that there's a fair bit of negative feedback surrounding myscara as a company ie not answering phone calls etc so I'm going to investigate a wee bit more...

:) x

I have gone for CryBaby for all the reasons that have already been mentioned.
I did A LOT of research into both companies, spoke/emailed a lot of people, heard some interesting things, and was COMPLETLY sold with CryBaby.

Different effects can be done with MYscara with layers etc so dont really see that as a plus for having to mix but JMO :)

As I have said before, I decided to distribute MYscara rather than CryBaby as I wanted to purchase a UK manufactured product. I did not want to pay higher prices that come with imports (think UK duty, shipping, licences) and I have great respect for Louise and Richard as a team who are constantly updating and innovating.

The response was so overwhelming after launch that it sometimes was a problem to get through to the office but new premises and staff have been taken on so this should not be an issue. You can always contact me at MYscara Wales if there is :)

Cry Baby has the benefit of a big UK company supporting it, as the professional marketing shows. Many companies tried to get the distribution rights to Cry Baby, but they wanted an established and professional company with a proven track record. These things are important to me, as I like branding of things, (Hd Brows etc)
I also like the fact that you can mix and customize for clients. you dont have to build up layers etc, so treatment are done in 20 mins. More clients per hour is more revenue, great for our books! Iv been doing cry baby since May, and it has proven very popular. People have heard of Cry Baby, and are asking for it. There has also been huge media interest, and a large daily paper, as well as a certain glossy celeb mag:wink2: have recently reviewed it, so great for client awareness.
The two products are different products, and marketing of the two is being done in very different ways, but research and get a feel for the one that is right for you.
Just as a side note, I use products not produced in the UK within my treatments, (Environ, Lash products, CND, etc) never done me any harm:)

Cry Baby has the benefit of a big UK company supporting it, as the professional marketing shows. Many companies tried to get the distribution rights to Cry Baby, but they wanted an established and professional company with a proven track record. These things are important to me, as I like branding of things, (Hd Brows etc)
I also like the fact that you can mix and customize for clients. you dont have to build up layers etc, so treatment are done in 20 mins. More clients per hour is more revenue, great for our books! Iv been doing cry baby since May, and it has proven very popular. People have heard of Cry Baby, and are asking for it. There has also been huge media interest, and a large daily paper, as well as a certain glossy celeb mag:wink2: have recently reviewed it, so great for client awareness.
The two products are different products, and marketing of the two is being done in very different ways, but research and get a feel for the one that is right for you.
Just as a side note, I use products not produced in the UK within my treatments, (Environ, Lash products, CND, etc) never done me any harm:)

Me too .. Love the whole Cry Baby ethos and of course had heard about it from my American pals for sometime now. It's Like the CND of the nail world only in the lash world. :green:

I have also been most impressed with the results I have seen from Cry Baby and more so than from those I have seen from Myscarra, especially the before and after pictures from the therapists rather than the company. I do not find the images I have seen from Myscara therapists at all impressive .. no wow factor from my point of view. If I am going to wear and use Cry Baby I want it to look like my lash extensions and be impressive and noticeable, if I wanted an ordinary mascara look then I might as well apply my own Mascara each day (which after 40 years of doing it takes me all of 5 minutes!!) and have done with it. I want impressive not a mascara that lasts a couple of weeks.

(no need to respond or defend, @ Moosebat, it is my personal opinion after researching thoroughly 3 different companies and I have formed my opinion).

My therapist is off to do the Cry Baby training in a couple of weeks ... I trained him to do lashes for Nouveau Lash and he is great at it so I'm sure he will love Cry Baby to add to his repertoire. :hug:

Guys I think it's gotta be Crybaby for me :) thanks for everyones input it's been really helpful!

I have gone for CryBaby for all the reasons already listed above.

I'm also reassured that a lot of the experienced lash geeks on here seem to have decided on CryBaby after doing their own research.

I haven't yet booked a course but Crybaby is ticking all my boxes for all of (and more) of the above reasons

hi guys

just wondering where is the training is held for crybaby mascara?

laura

Have not tried either, but would love to know the difference between the two.

Have not tried either, but would love to know the difference between the two.

You can google Cry baby and get tonnes of information or call and speak to the company and the other company as well .. In fact there are seversl semi perm mascaras on the go and more to come. Not so easy to copy Cry baby which is in fact quite different.

My personal opinion is that there will be a consumer version of semi permanent mascara in no time at all. There are already some pretty long lasting mascaras on the Market. The technology is not too complicated.

Just like gel polish has sold out to the consumer, I think the same will happen with the mascara scenario. It's bound to. My advise is that if you are thinking of offering this service, then make sure that what your offering is advanced technology and not easily copied and that the company has a purely professional only loyalty.

I predicted over a year ago right here on this site that gel polish would go consumer, and I wasn't wrong. I'm not always right, but I've been around and seen it all happen before. If there is big money in it, it will happen.

Last edited:
You can google Cry baby and get tonnes of information or call and speak to the company and the other company as well .. In fact there are seversl semi perm mascaras on the go and more to come. Not so easy to copy Cry baby which is in fact quite different.

My personal opinion is that there will be a consumer version of semi permanent mascara in no time at all. There are already some pretty long lasting mascaras on the Market. The technology is not too complicated.

Just like gel polish has sold out to the consumer, I think the same will happen with the mascara scenario. It's bound to. My advise is that if you are thinking of offering this service, then make sure that what your offering is advanced technology and not easily copied and that the company has a purely professional only loyalty.

I predicted over a year ago right here on this site that gel polish would go consumer, and I wasn't wrong. I'm not always right, but I've been around and seen it all happen before. If there is big money in it, it will happen.

Wise words indeed xx

It's official!!! I'm booked on the Crybaby course in Perth in July :D woohoo!!! Anyone else coming with?x

Latest posts

Back