Crystal files in the NSI catalogue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi again

You know the nsi catalogue that came with the Feb issue of Scratch? Well, in there are some crystal nail files with diamante designs on them which I think would retail very well, but the catalogue doesnt say what grit they are. As pretty as they are I'm not prepared to sell anything that I wouldnt be prepared to use myself, and so I'm wondering if any geeks can tell me what grit they are, have you bought any, what are they like, do they sell well etc.

Opinions greatly appreciated

Thanks!

As crystal files are for use on natural nails only, I would hazard a guess that they're 240 grit or higher.

Some of them are really pretty, and no doubt make a good retail item.

I bought some of these from NSI a couple of xmas's ago and they shot out the door as xmas pressies!!

I have the OPI crystal files and again they sell really well. The grit is high. Really soft on the nail, so I wouldnt worry. x

Thanks ladies, I'll ring tomorrow and check on the grit, if its 240 or more as you say I think I'll get some because they really do look nice and would sell really well, I think us ladies are like magpies sometimes, show us some nice sparkly things and we want 'em!

I used to stock them and they flew out the door too! They are really gentle, and I have heard they work best damp?

They are really gentle but with pressure can take length down quicky!

I now have the OPI ones which are nicer but alot smaller I think

Becki xxx

I used to stock them and they flew out the door too! They are really gentle, and I have heard they work best damp? Only if you use them on enhancements as the heat generated by the friction of filing causes the acrylic to melt.

They are really gentle but with pressure can take length down quicky!

I now have the OPI ones which are nicer but alot smaller I think

Becki xxx

Glass files are really cost effective for natural nail manicures as they are easy to sanitise and last for years, all you need to do is rinse in warm water and they are as good as new.
They also make excellent retail items too.

HTH
Jenx

I know I am just kinda repeating what the other geeks said but I would agree - grit 240 (+)

My local salon sells them (although not sure if nsi?) either way, they sell very well.

Debs x

Latest posts

Back