Crystal Nails like these..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful drizzling! I did mine while watching x factor last night and got a bit carried away and am now conscious I put too much over. They still look great though and friends have commented today they look fantastic and I am only thnking there is too much top coat because I did them! I used Gelish base, then Vegas nights, popped on the gems then Gelish top coat x

Would love to see a pic if you can?

I was thinking maybe it might be a good idea to use a nail art dotting tool to help drag the top coat between gems?

This is my ring finger, ive done over 2 weeks ago, if not 3- its acrylic underneath and then gelbond under crystals- didnt loose one! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wow!
That's lush - Even better that not 1 rhinestone came off!

Oooh it looks fabulous! Sounds very promising that all the crystals are still stuck fast too !

Just an update on my attempt of crystal nails. I've got the rhinestones but just waiting to receive the resin & activator spray. When I have everything I will post a pic :green:

Shakira, x

they look lovely, but as beautiful as they are, it could just be one of those pictures that were made to look good in the photograph but not at all made for wear and general use as for all we know, they just plonked them on the nails just for the photo without thinking about proper adhesion.

It is possible to get them to look similar and stay on by drizzling gel in between the stones etc etc, but they will not look like the picture - which is a shame as they are darn good!!

Can any of you techs out there sell these to clients? My area is so conserved when it comes to bling stuff like this!

They r very bling! Did a wee bit research and they are gel nails with 3 different sized crystals and a glitter base the nails have a gel top coat over the top. Depending on what you use as the bling a top coat won't dull them to much sometimes makes them shine more.

1 Cover your nail in clear varnish & put the glitter into a dish. Dip the brush in the glitter & apply.

2. Then coat in clear varnish again and start adding the crystals.

They r very bling! Did a wee bit research and they are gel nails with 3 different sized crystals and a glitter base the nails have a gel top coat over the top. Depending on what you use as the bling a top coat won't dull them to much sometimes makes them shine more.

COOL! Thanks for the heads up on that :)

I should be able to have a crack at doing these nails tomorrow woooo!

Thanks! I've ordered 3 sizes - 1mm, 2mm & 4mm. I'm not sure how big or small they are, I just go by the smaller the number, the smaller the gem and vice versa. Thats right yes? Lol.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where do you buy the crystals from? ive had a client ask bout these type of nails and wondered how you'd do them. Is there a specific training course in these type of nails?

Tia :biggrin:

I got them from eBay, from a UK seller. I don't think there is a training course specifically for these nail that I know of. Many of us nail techs just experiment & see what ideas we come up with.

If you read though this thread, many have suggested using fibreglass resin & resin activator for these nails or using gel. Looks pretty easy to do, but I can't practise until I receive my resin & activator, lol.

HTH :green:
Shakira x

Thanks for the reply, i'll take a look on ebay
Tia x

Ok ladies I have done mine... I used EZ Flow Gelez in satin ribbon,four different sized rhinestones and a champagne gold glitter, all topped off with Gelez's super shiny top coat. I hope to get some better, sparklier pics in the morning with better light, now just to see if these gems stay on and stand the test of my busy lifestyle :D

I drizzled topcoat through most of these as adding it over the gems completely destroys the facets and turns the gem into what looks like a round stone instead... I quite like em!

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41462-crystal-nails-gelez-satin-ribbon-champagne-gold-glitter.jpg

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41464-crystal-nails-gelez-glitter.jpg

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41461-crystal-nails-gelez-glitter.jpg

Oooooo - They look lovely :D
I've just got my resin activator in the post, still waiting for the actual resin now :rolleyes: lol.

Ok ladies I have done mine... I used EZ Flow Gelez in satin ribbon,four different sized rhinestones and a champagne gold glitter, all topped off with Gelez's super shiny top coat. I hope to get some better, sparklier pics in the morning with better light, now just to see if these gems stay on and stand the test of my busy lifestyle :D

I drizzled topcoat through most of these as adding it over the gems completely destroys the facets and turns the gem into what looks like a round stone instead... I quite like em!

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41462-crystal-nails-gelez-satin-ribbon-champagne-gold-glitter.jpg

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41464-crystal-nails-gelez-glitter.jpg

glamglam-albums-minx+%26amp%3B+other+stuff-picture41461-crystal-nails-gelez-glitter.jpg

well done :) I love bling too :)

Thanks ladies... they do not look anything like the original picture, but there will do for now! Didnt want to put tips on my nails as they are an ok length already and it would also mean more rhinestones / crystals! :D

Have not lost one gem so far woooo!

This is my ring finger, ive done over 2 weeks ago, if not 3- its acrylic underneath and then gelbond under crystals- didnt loose one! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am just thinking out loud- if you put a couple of crystals in each corner of the regrowth it would look like you have purposely left the moon shape rather than it growing out.

Wow love these x

Has anyone else had a go yet with resin etc?

I have got to say that mine have stayed pretty much stuck using Gelez, though I must stress that the entire nail / crystals should be well oiled twice per day, really really well oiled. This helps them keep the sparkle and of course also moisture for the rest of the product and natural nail!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back