cucticle remove every time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wanted to ask if all of you use cuticle remove every time you rebalance a customers nails? I only use it with new sets where it is necesairy...

Yes :!: lol even though it may not be visable to the naked eye,it's there :D

Removing it effectively promotes adheision and results in less problematic consecutive rebalances.

You can dry prep,however i do it the way i was taught,no point changing when it works :D

I am always afraid it will still be on the nail and i get lifting, thats why i dry prep :lol:
Does it have to be removed with water and citrusoak or can i use my regular scentsation hand wash mixed with water?
Normally i just let them wash their hands afterwards but using a spray bottle is more practical.

I am always afraid it will still be on the nail and i get lifting, thats why i dry prep :lol:

If you are doing that and you aren't having any problems then that is fine. If however you are finding that after you are re-balancing you are having lifting issues then this would most likely be the problem

Does it have to be removed with water and citrusoak or can i use my regular scentsation hand wash mixed with water?
Normally i just let them wash their hands afterwards but using a spray bottle is more practical.
Washing with the Scentsations is fine too xxx

do you mix the water directly with the soap in a spray bottle or do you put a small bit of soap on a pad and plain water in the bottle? if you mix them...how much water to how much soap?

Sorry that I am asking so much :green: just want to know everything

Do you use the cuticle remover after you rebalance?
I always removed it before so i could go with my koala buffer in the sidewalls. If you still have some cuticle hanging around there i would think that you can,t get to the actual nailplate with your 240 grit.
I saw in this video that the nailtech. rebalances first and then removes the cuticle...
What do you do and why?

YouTube - Acrylic Nails Rebalance

I don't quite understand our question...surely if you have rebalanced the nail then you have finished the service and there's no point in applying cuticle remover then.

Do you mean do you apply the cuticle remover after you have done your file prep? After you have filed the product down flush. If so then YES this is when to apply cuticle Remover or do your dry prep whichever way you remove the cuticle. HTH

Some companies train using wet prep...(cuticle remover) and others train using dry prep (no cuticle remover)....i personally have found dry prep works better with some products and wet with others.

When i have a new client who has a build up i will use cuticle remover....but with regulars who come every 3 weeks i find dry prep works fine....i done have any lifting problems.

Do you use the cuticle remover after you rebalance?
I always removed it before so i could go with my koala buffer in the sidewalls. If you still have some cuticle hanging around there i would think that you can,t get to the actual nailplate with your 240 grit.
I saw in this video that the nailtech. rebalances first and then removes the cuticle...
What do you do and why?

i understand your question - (i think) - should you remove cuticle before or after you file/buff (prior to rebalancing with l/p)i always deal with the cuticle first whether wet or dry approach (depends whether they are a regular/ new and what prior treatments they have had) and then use my file
hth

I always deal with the cuticle first whether wet or dry approach (depends whether they are a regular/ new and what prior treatments they have had) and then use my file[/B]hth

If it works for you then why not....but this is not the way CND teach.
They say that you should do your prep after the file prep....as after all once you have done the file prep you expose more natural nail, especially if there has been lifting, and that will need prepped too. HTH

Thx everybody for the response.
I just did a customer and used the cuticle remover to start out with, let her wash her hands thouroughly, then shortened her nails then and reastablished the arch with my abrasive, removed the shine off the natural nail with a 240 grit, dust off and then used scrubfresh on the natural nail.

And with rebalance i didn,t meant finished the nail...i meant bring the arch back with your abrasive. Sorry if i was unclear :lol:

It,s nice to read others prep routine.

Latest posts

Back