Curettes, pushers and probes, oh my!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tools do you prefer for cuticle removal?

• pusher

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • cuticle knife

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • curette

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • orangewood stick

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • plastic pusher

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • probe

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • chisel

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters
I currently have a plastic cuticle pusher (with a pink end!!) and a cuticle knife, and cuticle nippers...

Love my Tweezerman Pushy!

I use the ezflow pro pusher its great solved all my lifting problems.

I use a pusher and the probe from the Precision range from Designer Nails. Couldn't live without my probe!

Pushie to push eponychium back

Chisel to remove cuticle (using cuticle remover)

Curette to tidy cuticles for natural nail manicures

No particular reason, thats just the way I work!

I use a pushie and a chisel.
I have a curette, but I can't get the hang of it, must be using it upside down! :lol:

I love the chisel it's very skillful :)

Pushie and chisel for me when doing manicures.

I use the double end pushie and the probe/curette from CND. They're brilliant!

Can someone please explain the difference between a currette and a probe to me ?

I am phoning S2 tomorrow, so would like to know which to buy,
(after seeing Geegs response I am thinking probe)
But still don't know what the difference is :confused:

At the moment I am using a pushie with a blade type end..But I have found it a little uncomfortable to use. and I don't think I am doing the job as well as I could,
It seems a little big and doesn't seem to do the job right on the right hand side of each nail, due to the angle...
It has took me forever to work this out lol...and only just now as typing has it made me realise, I do sometimes get lifting and it always seems to be on this side, I put it down to brush angle, but now Im thinking I am just not removing all of the cuticle

Thankyou xxx

Can someone please explain the difference between a currette and a probe to me ?

I am phoning S2 tomorrow, so would like to know which to buy,
(after seeing Geegs response I am thinking probe)
But still don't know what the difference is :confused:

At the moment I am using a pushie with a blade type end..But I have found it a little uncomfortable to use. and I don't think I am doing the job as well as I could,
It seems a little big and doesn't seem to do the job right on the right hand side of each nail, due to the angle...
It has took me forever to work this out lol...and only just now as typing has it made me realise, I do sometimes get lifting and it always seems to be on this side, I put it down to brush angle, but now Im thinking I am just not removing all of the cuticle

Thankyou xxx

A curette is like a little cup which you can circle round to gather up stray bits of cuticle - lovely little thing, it comes with differnet size 'cups' on each end. :) I can't answer re the probe because I haven't got one

I've got the little cup one from s2. I thought I was buyin a probe, but when I got home I realised it wasn't. However, I love it! I was totally blown away by how much cuticle it removed along with cnd cuticle remover. xx

Latest posts

Back