Curettes, pushers and probes, oh my!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What tools do you prefer for cuticle removal?

• pusher

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • cuticle knife

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • curette

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • orangewood stick

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • plastic pusher

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • probe

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • chisel

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

slhallford

Reaction score
Now that I'm building a clientele and needing to upgrade my tools, I wondered what the favorites are for cuticle removal. Based on my CND ambassador's advice, I picked up a Mehaz curette and double ended pusher to try out. I like the curette a lot because I feel like I can see what I'm doing more easily than with the pusher.

S

I use a pusher to push back the eponychium and a probe to remove the cuticle from the nail plate.

hth's

I use a pusher to push back the eponychium and a curette to remove the cuticle from the side walls and around the eponychium. I sometimes use a probe to work along the sidewalls too, depending on how much there is.

I use the pusher,chisel curette and probe,not all at once mind :D

Combination of pusher and chisel.

I use a chisel and a curette

i use a curette

Curette for me too :)

pushie for the natural nail, curette for toe nails and the probe for the side walls the best tool ever invented x

I use a pro pusher , it's a spoon pusher at one end and a curved, angled knife at the other end, ideal for all services......sadly no good for lefties as the curve is designed for right handed use, get right into the sidewalls.

i use my ezflow pro pusher...cracking tool

I use a pusher, curette and probe... it depends on what needs doing as to which ones I use, sometimes all, sometimes a mixture.

Does anyone have a pic of the probe? I don't think I've ever seen one.

S

I use a chisel and a curette

Me too.
I use the chisel end of my double ended pushie when I use AHA Cuticle Eraser...then I use my Curette if I am using Cuticle Remover.
I have a Probe, but have never actually used it!!!

I voted chisel though as it is the one I use most often.

Usually a pushie & chisel

pushie and curette :green:

Pro pusher for me too!

I use a pro pusher , it's a spoon pusher at one end and a curved, angled knife at the other end, ideal for all services......
I agree with you, it's so easy to use, and does a good job, too.

I use pushie then curette. However, on really nasty cuticles I get a bit gung ho with the chisel! :green:

Same here, Pro Pusher from EZFLOW, it works great.

Latest posts

Back