Curing 2 nails at a time?!?!?!?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydra-detox

Reaction score
I am having problems with gel lifting, and someone told me that if you cure 2 nails at a time it actually prevents this.

Has anyone else heard of this, and does it work?

There is no reason why curing 2, 4 or 5 nails at a time would stop lifting if you are using an appropriate uv lamp for your system.

Lifting is caused by insufficient prep, or improper application.

Hi

It could also be your UV lamp, when did you last change your bulbs?, the older they get the problems start. Also where is the product lifting from? If its the free edge make sure that you are capping the free edge.

Some Gels need primer, some dont, check with your system manual to see if primer is needed or a bonder .............
Some Gels need to have to be worked into the nailplate in small circular motion.......... not painted on.................
Check you prep, make sure all non living tissue is removed and the nail is oil free, dry and clean...
Cap the free edge as this can cause tip chipping or peeling...........So it is important to make sure that the nail is at the correct length and the client does not need to file them at home,before they return for their infills/rebalance as this can leed to peeling and chipping on the free edge too...............
HTH

My lamp is brand new, I changed it as I thought that might be why I was having the problem with lifting.

It is a Daylight one, and cost me quite a lot, so I am assuming it is up to the job.

I spend at least 30 minutes on prepping the nail plate, push cuticles back, etc, but the stuff just won't seem to stay put. Some of it comes away completely after a few days and there are other bits bonded to the nail which wont come off at all!

First of all what gel are you using?

I use LCN andthey say the main causes of lifting are poor prep, flooding the cuticles and side walls, or applying the gel too thickly in zone 3 so that it reduces the flexibility and causes lifting.

Sarah

I'm using Alessandro gel. I never work the gel close the the cuticle, i think it is the primer i'm using, it has to be cured under the lamp and as I still havent been given a date for my training I dont know how long I am supposed to cure the primer for.

Hi, I used to use alessandro and used to have probs with lifting - they always said it was my application rather than the gel that was the problem - if this was so they never really gave me any help to improve it! I can't really remember how to use their stuff as it was over 2 years ago - when you use the primer do you keep this clear of the skin and any pterygium as well? I think you normally cure it for 2 mins. Also which gel number do you use as I think 2 is slightly less runny than 1 and you may find it easier to use.

My advice would be switch to LCN! Their customer support is FIRST CLASS and if you have such a problem they will keep supporting you until it is resolved.

Hope you get it sorted as I know what a pain it can be.

hydra-detox said:
I'm using Alessandro gel. I never work the gel close the the cuticle, i think it is the primer i'm using, it has to be cured under the lamp and as I still havent been given a date for my training I dont know how long I am supposed to cure the primer for.

I've read somewhere alse that a technician was having problems with Allessandro just cant remember where too many boards to read! My friends had problems with both product,training and customer service and in the end moved to a different product with no problems now. I use the akzentz range of gels and find them superb,no lifting, cracking or yellowing and Karen who supplies the product is fantastic so helpful and knowledgeable of the product.
I would maybe think about changing the product but then there may be other alessandro users out there who have mastered it and find it good. Your daylight lampshould be fine thats what I use and have no problems.
Jenny

Is it a 4 x 9 watt lamp as this is what Alessandro use or is it a 6 watt lamp?
hydra-detox said:
My lamp is brand new, I changed it as I thought that might be why I was having the problem with lifting.

It is a Daylight one, and cost me quite a lot, so I am assuming it is up to the job.

I spend at least 30 minutes on prepping the nail plate, push cuticles back, etc, but the stuff just won't seem to stay put. Some of it comes away completely after a few days and there are other bits bonded to the nail which wont come off at all!

Latest posts

Back