Curing OPI Gelcolor - what LED lamp do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmorcom

Reaction score
Hi all , I use artistic colour gloss and gelish , love them both. However just booked into a gelcolor workshop at a great price! So couldn t not!
I use the five finger artistic pro 30 Lamp but I know the Opi led is 32 watts so not sure if mine will cure? I ve asked Lena white and they advised me to cure for longer? Not sure happy with that. Has anyone had any experience using different lamps? Any advise would be great x

Hi all , I use artistic colour gloss and gelish , love them both. However just booked into a gelcolor workshop at a great price! So couldn t not!
I use the five finger artistic pro 30 Lamp but I know the Opi led is 32 watts so not sure if mine will cure? I ve asked Lena white and they advised me to cure for longer? Not sure happy with that. Has anyone had any experience using different lamps? Any advise would be great x

The instructions from OPI allow using non-OPI lights. We contacted OPI and they agreed that the Gelish 18 would work just fine. So, in addition to using my OPI LED, I use my Gelish 18g for the same amount of time and it does work great. I understand that the Artistic Pro 30 lamp is a rebranded Gelish 18g, so it should work as well.

PS, can someone explain to me how the 18g is only 30-32 watts. It has 18 2 watt lights!

Last edited:
The instructions from OPI allow using non-OPI lights. We contacted OPI and they agreed that the Gelish 18 would work just fine. So, in addition to using my OPI LED, I use my Gelish 18g for the same amount of time and it does work great. I understand that the Artistic Pro 30 lamp is a rebranded Gelish 18g, so it should work as well.

PS, can someone explain to me how the 18g is only 30 watts. It has 18 2 watt lights!

Great thanks - that's really helped. How do you find Opi against gelish? I imagine you like both otherwise you wouldn t use them!!! However do you prefer either one? X

Great thanks - that's really helped. How do you find Opi against gelish? I imagine you like both otherwise you wouldn t use them!!! However do you prefer either one? X

I find it hard to decide. I am a fanatic for easy removal and OPI has the easiest removal of any gel polish (yes, even Shellac) that I've ever used. I also really like OPI colors and like the availability of rnp. But I love the incredible range of Gelish colours and effects and I find it very durable. Sometimes, I'll use a Gelish base and top with an OPI color, which is within their instructions. But I wish it was okay to do the reverse. If I could only have one, it would be OPI, but fortunately, that's a choice I don't have to make.

I find it hard to decide. I am a fanatic for easy removal and OPI has the easiest removal of any gel polish (yes, even Shellac) that I've ever used. I also really like OPI colors and like the availability of rnp. But I love the incredible range of Gelish colours and effects and I find it very durable. Sometimes, I'll use a Gelish base and top with an OPI color, which is within their instructions. But I wish it was okay to do the reverse. If I could only have one, it would be OPI, but fortunately, that's a choice I don't have to make.

Thank you - looking forward to using it then! Xc

Latest posts

Back