Curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterhut

Reaction score
Hiya- 1st post and silly question lol! I’m just starting out and the one thing I can’t seem to get solidified in my head is curing times. I’ve stopped doing it one finger at a time as I forget what’s what- and now I’m doing two fingers at a time then the thumb separately but it’s a bit of a faff. Any tips on your methods? 💓

Why are you curing one at a time?

I do all 5 fingers, put in lamp and apply other hand while curing first. If your lamp doesn't take 5 fingers and thumbs need doing separately I'd do 4 fingers, 4 fingers, both thumbs.

If you are flash curing individual fingers for nail art it should only be a flash cure then full cure once artvis complete so it doesn't really matter, it's for convenience more than anything.

It's also a routine thing, always do the same routine and it becomes habit

Why are you curing one at a time?

I do all 5 fingers, put in lamp and apply other hand while curing first. If your lamp doesn't take 5 fingers and thumbs need doing separately I'd do 4 fingers, 4 fingers, both thumbs.

If you are flash curing individual fingers for nail art it should only be a flash cure then full cure once artvis complete so it doesn't really matter, it's for convenience more than anything.

It's also a routine thing, always do the same routine and it becomes habit
That was the way they taught me to do it- I’m working with calgel and it’s 2 min sites curing time so it works out 30 seconds on each finger and by the time you get to the thumb the theory is the first finger has had the full time. I get in a raffle with it! I may try all 4 fingers though to quicken the process and cure for the full two mins! Thank you for your reply 💗💗💗

That was the way they taught me to do it- I’m working with calgel and it’s 2 min sites curing time so it works out 30 seconds on each finger and by the time you get to the thumb the theory is the first finger has had the full time. I get in a raffle with it! I may try all 4 fingers though to quicken the process and cure for the full two mins! Thank you for your reply 💗💗💗

No, you've misunderstood, the gel takes 2 minutes to cure whether you're curing one finger or 5

Your method makes no sense, the first finger will be cured by the 5th application but the 5th won't. And the first finger will be cured 4 times more than required

You will speed up and it will come naturally the more experienced you get. The only time I do one finger at a time is when I'm doing builder gel so the product doesn't run as you're working on the other fingers. So in that instance, I would do one finger, put that hand in the lamp while I'm working on a finger from the other hand, swap that one to the lamp while I work back on the other hand etc and rotate like that. And once I've done all 5 fingers on one hand, I will put that hand in the lamp for the full curing time just to ensure they have all had a full cure. Then I will swap hands again, and cure the other hand fully. Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back