Curiosity question, barber courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all...

Just a query really, to aplly for a barber course ...would there be any kind of qualifications needed prior?..

Just looked on local college website, there is NVQ level barber but doesnt state any entry quals at all..

Sarah x

Shouldn't be, level 1/2 are beginners level 3 youl need level 2 but may differ from college to college as may just be basic gcse grades is all that's needed but some don't require any

Ty...I thought maybe a level in hairdressing to enter training in barbery...

Sarah x

When I enquired at my local college I was told I'd either need to have completed level 2 hairdressing or be in the middle of the level 2 hairdressing course before I could start barbering. I guess different providers want different things so if you're unsure you'd be best off phoning to ask. :)

I will give them a ring this week, double check...

Am not a hairdresser by trade, nail and beauty, i had to cut my hair training short (back at college moons ago) because of sever ecezma and dermatitis...never found the passion to re start tbh...

Thanks ladies..x

Hi Iv just enrolled on a barbering course and I had to have my nvq 2 hairdressing as a minimum, I looked at a few different colleges before enrolling and they all said the same :)

Mine must be different just says to be willing to work as part of a team & have excellent attendance etc

Do you have to have a work placement or anything?

Nope! Says it ideal for new learners & you receive a city & guilds level 2 qualification

Latest posts

Back