Curious as to how mant people have asthma and are ok doing nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seductive

Reaction score
Hi

Hope you can help me out. I was just curious as to how many people are ok using the liquid and powder who have asthma or bronchitis or any respiritory disease.

I stopped doing nails a while ago, as I always seem to have a wheezy chest, I dont have an extraction unit but do have my windows open at home.

I understand the importance of an extractor so looking in to buying a portable one.

At the moment I have bronchitis purley from having a cold also a none smoker so I am a bit worried about using the products. it's typical has I have really just started understanding how to create good nails

Thank you for all your replies

i have asthma and im fine using l&p....i ALWAYS have my window open at home when doing nails only because my hubby says if i dont,it gives him a headache.....when i done my course and there was 9 people in the room using l&p it still did not effect me....by the way....i smoke aswell.............NAUGHTY ME :p:wink2:

I have asthma and I'm fine. I might sneeze if sometimes it gets a bit too dusty, but that's it!

I am chronic asthmatic with brittle asthma which means coughing and even laughing amongst other things set me off and use on average one inhaler a week but thankfully l&p dosn't bother me x x
When I get a bigger place one day I am going to get Purex nail bars just as an added safe measure as they are the dogs bollocks :)

So far, touch wood, it hasn't bothered me at all. As someone else said the dust will sometimes get up my nose or make me a little tight chested, but no problems with monomer.

I am an asthmatic, and because of poor ventilation I had to quit nails a while back, and for 3 years! I worked in the basement of a building for some 3-4 years, and on top of that nearly created an allergy for myself touching my skin over and over with uncured product lol. Ahh the things I wish I knew THEN.

You can also help cut down on "smell" by being careful with your application technique- I don't actually HAVE alot of excess liquid, I use what's in my brush. Get a hold on your mix ratio technique, use a metal waste basket with a lid, and get an extraction ventilator QUICK!! You girls with the windows open need one too! By the time it gets to the window, it's pretty much harmless. What you need to worry about is 6 inches away from your monomer pot. And that's why you need an extractor! AND you need it for the dust- that dust is tiny pieces of plastic, and *GASP* -uncured product.

Do you REALLY want to be breathing that in? Especially those of you that use e-files??

:)

I done a friend of a friends nails (gel not l&p) the other day. As this was still only my 4th full set I am probably still filing a tad more than usually nessacary.
Anyway she kept doing this awful hacking cough and - because she was a friend of a friend would never say this to a client! - I asked if she smoked. She laughed and said no she had had this cough for years and said the doctors think its a
sthma. I then blushed and turned on my extraction unit :smack:. oops - felt quite bad actually! :o

Ami

I suffer from asthma and am no better and no worse since doing nails.

Latest posts

Back