Curlformers perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this one! Thanks guys!

Well that girl has blooming patience if it is as I follow her on Instagram and her hair is daily 'done'. I'll request this one [emoji8]

If you want a really big and similar voluminous look you could do a piggy back wind. That will make it very full. In terms of standard roller colour sizing I would opt for alternating blue and grey to create more texture. View attachment 191878

I still say a spiral wind is best for this type of look.
I haven't done one since college but this is how a piggyback perm would look...

image.jpeg

I still say a spiral wind is best for this type of look.
I haven't done one since college but this is how a piggyback perm would look...

View attachment 191881

Really depends on the hair cut. If it's short like your pic then yeah it's going to stack up. If long hair it will just make it fuller, bigger. Nothing to say you couldn't spiral & piggy back, would just take hours!

This is the look I want my hair is slightly longer so idea x

Do you have an eg of what spiral would look like x

Do you have an eg of what spiral would look like x

Get on pintrest and have a look, loads on there. I always used to find on long hair spiral perms would sit much flatter on top when wound like pic below (so will give you more of a root look you mentioned in your op, doesnt have to be wound tight to scalp either). The outcome of your perm will also depend on what lotion they use. I used to find they differed a bit a L'Oreal Dulcia was never as curly or as long lasting as a Goldwell Biolife, people have their preferences I guess.

Attachments

• CQyTTIqW8AEGv1Q.jpg
    CQyTTIqW8AEGv1Q.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 25
I'd spiral wind using 'Molton Browners', (green mostly, depending on length)
Saturate once wound, check after 10 mins, then every 5 thereafter.
Hair need to be in VERY GOOD condition IMO for this look, as it is VERY CURLY, you don't want it to FRIZZ!
Remember, you will loose alot of length as it will SPRING up!
USE OLAPLEX at the neutralizing stage....I don't think I will ever perm now without it!:D

Is it that good then? Do you use it on top of the neutraliser? X

Is it that good then? Do you use it on top of the neutraliser? X

Unless the hair is virgin and short, I think I will INSIST the client has it.
People are soooo afraid of the '80's frizz', this will be a sure way of reducing the risk, so silly not too!
I've only used it on 2 perms so far....both had tinted hair with 'scatter lights', and the results were impressive.
You do, however use more than when you add to colour, so be sure to allow for that.
There is no 'price war' regarding perms as yet, so it should be easier to automatically add it to your service!:D
And yes, it's applied over the top of your neutralizer......check out the 'HELP' page for more details.

Latest posts

Back