Curlformers perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi guys it's been a few years since I've done a perm and I've been looking at a few vids on YouTube.

It's for my hair and it's the perfect texture for it to be honest. Has anyone done one using these?...

@cams97 do I remember seeing a post from you?

I was thinking as I have thick hair and want a thicker but more defined curl with a root (touselled don't suit me) should I put the perm lotion on first and then wind the curl former in ... So I know it's saturated?

Thanks [emoji8]

Nope not me haha, hate doing perms

Haha me too luckily I won't be doing it [emoji38]

Nope not me haha, hate doing perms
I hate them too, is it bad that I don't offer them? I just never get asked apart from 1 or 2 over the years.

I've lost a client because I don't do perming [emoji17]
They didn't have time to make us sit and exam. We did everything but!

Now she's gone back to the woman who literally let patches of the clients hair break [emoji24]

Hi guys it's been a few years since I've done a perm and I've been looking at a few vids on YouTube....
I was thinking as I have thick hair and want a thicker but more defined curl with a root (touselled don't suit me) should I put the perm lotion on first and then wind the curl former in ... So I know it's saturated?
Thanks [emoji8]

No, I probably wouldn't do it like that.
You need to very lightly dampen (spritz) the hair with water first, then wind all of it, then saturate with perm lotion.

You need to ensure even processing time and if you applied the perm lotion to the first curler, it would be on for a much longer time compared to when the last curler finishes processing, especially as you mention having thick hair. I'd be wary of over processing it.

Essentially, you're doing a spiral perm so you can use any type of roller, but not too thick. It's how you section & wind it, that's important.

I hate them too, is it bad that I don't offer them? I just never get asked apart from 1 or 2 over the years.

No because neither do i[emoji23]

image.jpeg

AcidPerm can you recommend a sectioning pattern?

This is the look I'm after

The curl formers is a very relaxed curl , go for bendy rods, as it will drop quickly .

I agree with the previous poster. The curl formers perm will be too loose and won't last at all. You may as well just use them afterwards like a set on damp hair.

Use the bendy rollers instead and wind vertically instead of horizontally. It will be tighter but will last much longer.

Last edited:
Cheers lovelies x

Tori1992 why don't you get some models in and start doing them, x

Tori1992 why don't you get some models in and start doing them, x

I'm intending to. I've spent ages working out if I had to do an NVQ or I could just do a day course.

Our college 'ran out of time' for us to sit the exam [emoji35]

Yep, I went mad when we were told we couldn't teach our students gents hair.....
Erm so men don't have their hair done anymore then? [emoji15]

Yep, I went mad when we were told we couldn't teach our students gents hair.....
Erm so men don't have their hair done anymore then? [emoji15]

We had an hour crash course in gents hair on my level 3 course [emoji35]

Madness it's all paper and legislation now, not much practical industry knowledge ! X

Ok so I've decided a normal perm. What sized rollers and what method will achieve close to this (I know she's naturally curly) just so I know when I'm looking for someone I can trust with my Maine! ...Typical hairdresser! [emoji87]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446948089.958756.jpg

Ok so I've decided a normal perm. What sized rollers and what method will achieve close to this (I know she's naturally curly) just so I know when I'm looking for someone I can trust with my Maine! ...Typical hairdresser! [emoji87]View attachment 191877

Thats been wanded

agree with cams97 that looks like Afro hair wanded.

If you want a really big and similar voluminous look you could do a piggy back wind. That will make it very full. In terms of standard roller colour sizing I would opt for alternating blue and grey to create more texture.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446972474.536384.jpg

Latest posts

Back