Curling Nails from Free Edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hello all,

I had a repeat customer today for a re-balance and some of her nails had curled away on the free-edge so I had to file them right down and get 'underneath' the curling. I re-applied the acrylic just like during a re-balance but made sure I capped tham like gel. The lady had had her nails done before she came to me but I soaked them all off (it is my work I know it is not mingling with another product on her nails and I can be sure I am only dealing with Creative on her nails). But the lady had never had curling before she has a job where she always has her hands in water. She had no lifting whatsoever at the cuticle. The nails are slightly hook-shaped, but nothing untoward, nothing wrong with them - just a good shape for sculpting! I wonder whether it occured because I soaked all her nails off (her skin was very dry after this process) and then I applied the acrylic. I wonder if they perhaps suffered from the dryness and perhaps this could be something to do with it? The lady had never had a soak-off before so I am hoping I did the right thing? We have been trying to work out what on earth caused it. As I said she has had nails a long time and this has never happened before. What do you think it could be? I'd really appreciate your views as I am worried now!! I hope it doesn't happen again!

curling does and can happen...some peoples nail curl the longer they get. I have a client who's nails are fine until they get to a certain length, so we keep them at her non curl length..:lol:...capping the free edge is important and does help, but sometimes the nails gonna do what the nail wants to do.

One of my clients suffers terribly from curling nails... she has them rebalanced every 3 weeks and they grow like wild fire.
Her nails are very strong and pull away from the enhancements, she has gel and they are thoroughly capped, she uses her Solar Oil religiously and it still happens.
I file them short (end of her fingertip) and rebalance using sculpting forms to make sure they're capped properly.

Here's an article Sam did about it... http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2632-curlingonysuckus.html

hth's

One of my clients suffers terribly from curling nails... she has them rebalanced every 3 weeks and they grow like wild fire.
Her nails are very strong and pull away from the enhancements, she has gel and they are thoroughly capped, she uses her Solar Oil religiously and it still happens.
I file them short (end of her fingertip) and rebalance using sculpting forms to make sure they're capped properly.

Here's an article Sam did about it... http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2632-curlingonysuckus.html

hth's

Oh thank you so much for that, I've been searching all over the show for that article! xx :)

Latest posts

Back