Curling sucks big time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just posted the 'Curlingonysuckus' article that appeared in Scratch#4 for your amusement.

Get to it by clicking on the Articles link.

nJoy

Thanks for the heads up on the new techniqual term. That is what i really like about this board that I can always stay on top of new developments in the industry. :D You are too funny 8)

missed in R in spelling under culprits. I think you must have been thinking of something else...

thanks... but I am stumped as to where... could you give me the actual spelling I used so I can sort it... it all looks OK to me.

"There are really two key culprits that cause curling… er… I mean Culingonysuckus… "

:D You've missed that R in CuRlingonysuckus!!

;)

xxlaylaxx

:shock: gonna have to change that! Now I see :shock:

I had just this problem with my own nails (although I have done the Creative conversion in L&P I DON'T do my own nails), so my technician, who is Creative trained clipped off all the disembodied bits and buffed down the rest. Was this a good idea, maybe they should have been soaked off. Please give me some advice here :rolleyes:
Brenda

The Geek is away so I will answer your query.

At Creative we never teach nor do we endorse the act of 'clipping' away loose product. As soon as those nippers are pushed under the product to clip, it tends to tear up some of the product that is still adhered to the nail thus also pulling up some of the nail plate. Product should always be removed safely by soaking.

I have curling on a lot of clients after a few months. No matter what I do I always seem to get it. Most of my clients are quite religious with their solar oil and I prep well, place the product around the edge as much as I can, what else can I be doing wrong?

I have taken the liberty of pushing this back up in the hope of gaining a bit more help on the subject. I have been through the search and read all there is on here to do with curling but I`m still at a loss as to why it happens to me most of the time

You read the Curlingonysuckus?
The clients that it is happening on... do you tip? If so, have you tried sculpting?

Debs said:
I have curling on a lot of clients after a few months. No matter what I do I always seem to get it. Most of my clients are quite religious with their solar oil and I prep well, place the product around the edge as much as I can, what else can I be doing wrong?
hi debs
i have had this on myself too :mad: ...i originally tipped my own nails ..and i found when the tip had grown out my own nails started to curl away from my product.:rolleyes: when this occured .i followed the steps for a rebalance but used a form underneath my own nail to actually add a little length to my nail ..my nails are long allready so i only added the tiniest bit...like doing a tiny sculpt.this seems to have done the trick ...no more curling :D ..it seems to seal the free edge and hold it ...if you know what i mean ;)
hope this helps
take care
debbie:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back