Curling tongs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess82

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Can anyone recommend some curling tongs for me - asap.

I have a wedding reception next Sat and would LOVE a pair. I love sleek curly hair. I have really long hair so they need to be mega hot and curl hair easy (most curling tongs dont work on me for some reason)

Thanks

i have the same problem!! i curl mine n it just ends up looking like a kink! i work at sallys so i've been able to try out all of ours *teehee!*.:lick:...but the best one is a remington ceramic tong, gets up to 210C so keeps your curl in for ages! and its ceramic so its nice n smooth, not like those horrible metal ones that put your hair out! hope that helps! xxx

Hey everyone

Can anyone recommend some curling tongs for me - asap.

I have a wedding reception next Sat and would LOVE a pair. I love sleek curly hair. I have really long hair so they need to be mega hot and curl hair easy (most curling tongs dont work on me for some reason)

Thanks

Hi there if you have long straight hair and the curl always drops out this is due to the
damp in the atmosphere and the length and weight of your hair,
you will find that your hair will curl for a time and then the curl will gradually drop out
returning to its natural state.

This has nothing really to do with the curling tongs it is more to do with science and the way hair is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the atmosphere )

The tongs will produce a nice curl but as your hair starts to gradually absorb the atmospheric humidity in the air ( which is always present but lesser in some hotter country's )
this will always happen no matter what type of tongs you buy.

the only things that may help are some mousses and setting lotions and products which all contain plasticize which coat the hair and can help keep the moisture out,
ask your haidresser to recommend some good professional products
you could also try a few layers in your hair .
There are some tongs that are better and hotter on the market (like sally girl says) but if these don't work either

Then the only other way to keep curls in is to have your hair (Chemically textured) with a nice S bend in it ,
this is permanent and will hold in the curls
you can also straighten it too. Hope this helps :hug:

P.S. JDs I nicked your word (Chemically textured) :lol: LOL

I can recommend some that are fab,
i have really long hair almost to my waist and i sometimes like to curl it as we all get bored with the same style, my hair wont hold a curl with normal tongs,
in Sally's hair and beauty they sell some by babyliss pro,
it is a rebel porcelain conical wand, 25-13 mm diameter, gets beyond hot, it has 25 heat settings.
You just wrap your hair around it and hold for a few secs then let go and you get an amazing curl, it gives ringlet style curls but if you leave it for an hour after doing it so your hair has fully cooled down then gently pull your fingers through your hair it looks fab, then give it a good dose of hair spray,
when i do my hair with these the curls have lasted up to 4 days and would have lasted longer but i wanted to wash it.
They are so good my hairdressing buddie has bought some for the salon and uses them loads, and the clients always come back for it doing again,
these are as good as GHD`s hth

ohhh..i've heard about those loubylou, i think i might have a go when i have no customers :p!

ohhh..i've heard about those loubylou, i think i might have a go when i have no customers :p!
Haha sounds like me, i give my self pedicures and all sorts when ive no clients lol,
yeah try them out they are really good :hug:

Latest posts

Back