Curling wands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyjade1

Reaction score
Hi geeks !

I want to invest in a curling wand and wondered which you find the best ? Do you literally just wrap the hair around the "wand" ???

I know they arent really new I'm behind with times haha !! Thanks :)! Xx

I got one few months back was just the basic babyliss wand I got in debenhams but I seen them in asda too for under 30 quid, best thing iv ever brought curls have never stayed in my hair more then an hour but with this wand it stays for days till I wash it

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks !

I want to invest in a curling wand and wondered which you find the best ? Do you literally just wrap the hair around the "wand" ???

I know they arent really new I'm behind with times haha !! Thanks :)! Xx

Cloud 9 waving wand??

http://www.babyliss.co.uk/vintage-glamour-wave-maker.html

Went for this , £20 in asda ;p

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393089292.757382.jpg

Nice which make was it?

We use cloud9 in salon :D

Nice which make was it?

Babyliss , link is above my pic.w as only £20 I'm a mobile extensionist and just wanted a cheaper alternative to cloud 9. I always straighten the hair and trim so if they prefer nice waves I can offer this too :)

Babyliss conical wands are really good x

I love my amika wand it's great. Comes with a glove too!

Yh the babyliss is what I have, it's amazing :)

Really not loving the wand i must admit im still curing by blowdrying or with striaghtners.
Do you prefer wand or straightners to curl more?
What are the pros and cons??
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ghd = ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393233829.026846.jpg
Wand = ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393233876.041520.jpg
Different looks for different tools

Curling with straighteners is something that drives me potty! On the odd occasion it goes AMAZING the rest of the time I just use curling tongs or a wand! It's my weakness! It always looks amazing when others do it... I need to practise

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

There are few herstyler curling wands currently on the market, and today we are going to be looking at the original herstyler 3p.

In our salon we always use ghd straighteners to curl, just because it is faster.
I like the look of wanded hair though. It is more even and has more body on the root I find.
Straighteners curl more in a spiral ribbony way, the curl looks pressed or flat in itself (especially when you used a lot of product prior to style :)

Wahl extra long curling wand is fab! Bought it from capitals last week for £30

Curls don't hold in my hair at all but with this they were still In the next day.

I also have a corioliss curling wand which gives a nice curl but I find wands a bit of a faff and the ends never curl nicely. x

I think the wand curl last longer than the ghd so especially good for bridal , communions etc x

Another vote for babyliss. My only gripe is constantly burning myself!

I like the look that you get with the straighteners but I just can't do it!!!:-((

Latest posts

Back