Curry stains on gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahj

Reaction score
One of my clients has got a really bad curry stain under her index finger, can anyone recommend something to get rid of this. I have tried a cotton bud dipped in polish remover - no good. What about lemon juice, would this affect the gel?
I have tried a search on this
Thanks
xx

:irked: , hi have you tryed the little nail files ,forgot what there called now , but there like the orange wood/ birch wood sticks , with a tiny file at the end of it ,you can get them in all kinds of colour , you have to be very gentle though so not to thinen the nail ,, god knows if this makes any scence to you lol :smack:

have u tried one of those nail brite cleaning soaks?Dont know how to describe them best so i hope u know what i'm talking about?xxx:green:

Hydrogen Peroxide might help.

I have found that once curry (tumeric or saffron) is absorbed it has rarely come out and they have had to be removed (have you seen what it does to your worktops)...I have tried asking clients to use a knife and fork and not to use the nan breads to dip into the curry as that def. gets the cuury on the nails...anything to try and remove the staining will def end up lifting the gel off the nail so it may as well be removed and reapplied.

Hi

Assuming it's not a 'soak off' gel .... pure acetone on a cotton pad always removes it for me.

Vicky

sarahj said:
One of my clients has got a really bad curry stain under her index finger, can anyone recommend something to get rid of this. I have tried a cotton bud dipped in polish remover - no good. What about lemon juice, would this affect the gel?
I have tried a search on this
Thanks
xx

Try Cuticle remover apply and leave for a good 5 minutes before scrubbing off. Nail Brite from Designer Nails is really good too.
HTH
KxXx

:eek: :idea: hi give the teeth steradent tablets a try just pop them into water and tell the client to soak her finger hey it works on the teeth why not nail

I use them on smokers if they have yellow fingers and it works ok give it a try wont damage the nail

regards catherine

yes i had the sae problem with curry and belive it or not brown stain/ paint.

I gave them pollident 2 tabs and had them soak there nails and it was gone i could not belive it but it worked. Angele

Pollident sounds great!
Would it cause any lifting at all?

no it did not all that what was so great.

Thanks guys
I think I will try pollident, I am going to try it on me first. not that I have staining but just to make sure it wont affect the gel. Perhaps i will try it on my work surface!!!
xx

It is a soak off so I wont try acetone!!! x

Latest posts

Back