Curved nails & skin growth help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calgel_kelly

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379428549.032266.jpg

Fellow Nail Techs,

I've been approached by a lady who has had bio-sculpture for 3 years. Her nails are curved beyond anything I've ever seen. The skin underneath her nail has grown attatched to the nail up and way beyond the free edge. She says its painful to put her hand under the lamp now. Not all the nails are this way but a majority.

I wouldn't be able to cut them short to start again as the skin is so high..

My gut is telling me to send her to GP. I did suggest this but we both agree they will just tell her its overuse of a product.

Can anyone recommend anything else? Or has seen anything else?

I've been advised by Calgel but would like to know if anyone else has seen such a thing..

Thank you in advance.

Kelly
Norwich

I think this is called inverse pterygium and since it's all fingers involved, it's most likely an allergic reaction. She definitely needs to see a doctor. I don't know about the curving though.

View attachment 43033

Fellow Nail Techs,

I've been approached by a lady who has had bio-sculpture for 3 years. Her nails are curved beyond anything I've ever seen. The skin underneath her nail has grown attatched to the nail up and way beyond the free edge. She says its painful to put her hand under the lamp now. Not all the nails are this way but a majority.

I wouldn't be able to cut them short to start again as the skin is so high..

My gut is telling me to send her to GP. I did suggest this but we both agree they will just tell her its overuse of a product.

Can anyone recommend anything else? Or has seen anything else?

I've been advised by Calgel but would like to know if anyone else has seen such a thing..

Thank you in advance.

Kelly
Norwich[/

Well yes it may well be a sign of an allergic reaction, and we all know what that means.

The curving might be pincer nail?

Looks like pincer nail to me more common on toes on older people but there is things that can be done by gp I can't see how this is a result of product it looks like classic pincer nail

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Vida salon

My Mums nails do this when they get long like that. She has always had a very high C curve to them anyway.

We keep them shorter now & apply lots of oil as they are so dry, as is her skin ( she's drying up the older she gets!!!!!)

She should probably see a chiropidist to get them cut down safely and then they can advise her on after care

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back