Custom Blended Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LayStar

<strong>Jugsy Geek</strong>
Reaction score
Hellooo!!

I did a custom blend on one of the girls I work with, I do quite a lot of c.blends but I'd love some advice or criticism on where I'm going right or wrong and ways I could improve!

cbm.jpg

xxx

Whats to improve? it looks great:) is that glitter in the CB?

Uh huh :) There's glitter in the white, I don't think you can really see it though, and melting pot in the pink mix :D

Wow what an improvement!!!! :)

wow..darn good job....wow again

Fabulous dahling!!!!!! I am loving the glitter hun!!!! :hug: xxxx

No improvement needed here!

Greetz!

I love the custome blend colour its lovely...especially with that hint of a sparkle.
My personal prefrence is not to extend the nailbed past the end of the fingertip, or if I do I try to deepen the smile line to make it less obvious.
This is just my opinion tho
I still think you have done a fab job.
:D

i think that is abserloutly fab hun..especially as it is such a close up shot,
i would deepen the smile too just to where the end of the fingertips is,i do think they look lovely as they are ,that is just my preference babes:hug:

Thankyou hun, I'll try to keep an eye on how far I'm extending lol!

Thankyou for all your comments :)

Thankyou hun, I'll try to keep an eye on how far I'm extending lol!

Thankyou for all your comments :)
lol do you know a few weeks ago i did custom blends on myself and the middle finger looked so funny the pink just went on forever my freind said my hand looked dead lol (such a good mate :green: ) i did get a little carried away with the whole extend nail bed thing lol
but i think the amount you have extended is fine ,just if the smile gos down to the the top of the finger pad at least,they will look more like thats how they grew........:eek: ive confused my self now big time :eek: hahaha i know what i mean but dont have the words to explain it lol aarrgghhh i hate it when that happens :smack:

It's ok, I know what you mean!! I can't explain it either but I get what you mean!! :) Thanks :D

i hope you dont mind lol but this is the only way i could think of .....

1.jpg

i know you know what i mean now,but i had to show it incase anybody didnt
and i hope you dont mind me doing this to your picture love

Lovely jubbly juggsey xxx
Make the smiles a tad deeper, give it some ears babe, that will make it sleek and sexy.....
love the soft glitter very pretty xxxx

I think what emms was trying to say was;
if you took the corners of your smiles up to the end of the fingertip, it would give the illusion that the nail grew like that.
Creating a more natural looking extended nail bed.

I hope I'm not putting words into your mouth.....this is just how I uderstood it from what you said.
Hope it makes sense!

Lol!! emms illustration beat me to it!

do you like my picture lol
i must say a great big thankyou to my 9 year old daughter for showing me how to use paint properly :hug:

Lol fab doodling Em! haha. I knew what you meant, and the pic has confirmed it! Lol thankyou for the advice :) :hug: Will be adding 'ears' from now on lol :D

They look great to me too, i have to say i tend to over extend when i do them, i think you get carried away. I try to make them about level with the natural length of the finger.

I do love the blends of the glitter in the white and the slight fleck in the pink, lovely touch.

Gorgeous color blend! Love love love. :) I agree with the tip about deepening the smile line, and I would also add that the sidewalls need to be brought in just a bit, so that the line looks straight. :)

Latest posts

Back