Customer complaint after 4 months

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Its my day off today and my parnter has just phoned me to say a client has just popped in to the shop to say she wants her nails soaking off tomorrow. Whilst saying this she added that she has just come back from Oz where she had a full set done and was told by the tech out there that she had a infection on every finger..! She was informed that the acrylic had lifted and water had gone undernieth. She went on to say that she wasnt happy at all and she paid good money for her nails and that i should soak off this new set free of charge. My partner looked at her nails and there is no sign of any green stain left on any of the nails, this has stumped me, i thought if her fingers were has bad as she said then there would be something on her nails.

Here is where i need help, when i took over from the nail tech i re'balance her nails ( never 2 weeks always over 6) i then asked how much the other tech charged her and she said 10.00 pounds ( she got me there) so she only paid 10 pounds for a 6 week re-balance. She would never make 2/3 week appointments and then come in and say she only had 30 minutes, i cant do infills in 30 mins let alone re-balance. on her last appointment with me she said that she had lost 4 nails and it was my work so me being stupid did a full set free of charge. went on my hols and she came back in for a infill which my neice had done for only 10 pounds (pound sign broke), there was no sign then of any green on the nails.

I really dont know what to do, i dont want to do it for nothing as i know i have done nothing wrong. I hate confrontsation with clients, i know my work is good and im a clean tech....! :rolleyes:

Vicky - Youare a master technician and you know your work is above average. The bottom line is she sees you as a soft touch, hasn't looked after her nails and is looking to take advantage of you.

If it was down to bad skills, you would be inundated with complaints.

Tell her to go, sit and ROTATE!:hug:

Vicky - Youare a master technician and you know your work is above average. The bottom line is she sees you as a soft touch, hasn't looked after her nails and is looking to take advantage of you.

If it was down to bad skills, you would be inundated with complaints.

Tell her to go, sit and ROTATE!:hug:

Or even a run and jump - on one finger!

Cheeky cow!

If she had an infection on every nail, then why did this tech in Oz put on a new set????????

I don't think you should soak this set off for free as you never put the set on!!!!!!!!!! If she want them soaked off then make her pay up front before performing the soak off.

She sounds like she is taking the p--s and she sounds unreliable!

You should also not have to charge her £10 because a previous tech did. You charge the prices in your service menu.

I hope this has helped. I really am tired of clients walking over techs, but we (the techs) must not allow this to happen. Be professional and stand your ground!

Hi

Sounds like shes lifting your leg to me hunxx

If your confident your work is the best it can be tell her to sod off and find another tech. In a nicer way obviously.

Something like: mrs smith your obviously not happy with the nails i produce for you so i think it would be for the best if you found another nail technician.

No need to pussey foot round her she is taking the mick out of you, your working for hardly anything doing her nails so its not like your loosing anything is it.

If i might make a suggestion i would clear state infills are FROM £££

or infills 2-3 weeks £££
infills 4 weeks and over ££££

I allow an hour for infills and include any repairs in that, any tips are extra though.

Dont let this woman knock your confidence you really dont need clients like this :hug: xx

She's taking the p*ss!!! She's been given an inch and has taken a mile. After 6 weeks theres bound to be lifting. If she hasn't looked after them properly, lifting has been caused, of course theres going to be moisture underneith, did you put the moisture there? No, its not your fault. You can be doing without clients like this, You shoudn't have to soak anything off for free for her. Send her on her merry little way.............!

I'm sounding very brave today do you think?!

I would soak em off if thats what she wants....no refunds !!!!....she doesn't sound like the type of client that i would want....6 weeks !!!!...(i do have a couple who come every 6 weeks...but they wouldn't dare blame me if there nails didn't look there best)....soak em off, look at them...make and give you own professional opinion on the state of her nails....and close the door behind her.

Sounds to me like she is calling all the shots...on how much she is going to pay and on how fast she expects you to work...!!!

I am a strong believer in pleasing the customers...i go out of my way to make them happy...i never give up on anyone who works with me....but with some you just cant please them...so have no option other than to just let them go.

So why is it that she is appearing to trust the Oz tech who she presumably has been to once over you who she has been to several times.

If there is no sign of any staining then I think the Oz tech just wanted to get money for a full set rather than a rebalance.

Why does she want them taken off anyway. Again sounds like another taking the proverbial.

This is a difficult one. So the nail enhancements she has on at mo were done by another tech??
If so tell her you can't soak off someone elses work for insurance reasons, although this isn't quite true, whats to say you soak them off and the other tech has made a mess of her natural nails, you would then get blamed for this.
Also explain to the client that if she wasn't happy with nails and had these probs she should have returned to you first before going to another tech.
If she did have the probs she said then there would have been some evidence of this now.
Sometimes other 'unprofessional techs' can slag off one another, mainly just to gain money and new clients. I've suffered from this before and it was a 'sting' to my work.

Thanks for the comments, its such a knock of confidence and i know its not me. As for the 10.00 pound charge, i have never asked a client again what they paid before, i learnt my lesson there...lol I dont know what it is with this lady, if money was a issue i could understand more but its so not. I try really hard to keep all my client happy and i have untill this one..!

I need to bite the bullet and tell her she will have to pay for the soak off and hope she find a new tech that suits her better. xx

some clients end up costing you money rather than the other way around! Sounds like this lady is taking advantage, be polite and tell her that this is the price... You can tell her that you feel she isnt happy with your work and perhaps it would be best all round if she went elsewhere. Be honest, but be firm

Thanks for the comments, its such a knock of confidence and i know its not me. As for the 10.00 pound charge, i have never asked a client again what they paid before, i learnt my lesson there...lol I dont know what it is with this lady, if money was a issue i could understand more but its so not. I try really hard to keep all my client happy and i have untill this one..!

I need to bite the bullet and tell her she will have to pay for the soak off and hope she find a new tech that suits her better. xx

Good for you and make sure that everyone pays your price list prices - who cares what the other tech charged them.

You dont say to Tescos - Oh Sainsburys only charge me £1 less - well go to Sainsburys then.

Some like to try it on, tell her you will soak them off if she wants, but she will have to pay to have them removed - and tell her that you do not offer refunds. If they were that bad she would not of come back to you, she is after a freebie.:hug:

Am i within my rights to refuse to take them off as i didnt do the set?
My worry is that she will bad mouth the shop?

I wouldnt refuse to do them I would just make her pay!

she has to pay full removal price, these are not enhanements you have done,
let her know you HAVE to charge her, no ifs or buts,

she has to pay full removal price, these are not enhanements you have done,
let her know you HAVE to charge her, no ifs or buts,

Definately, and if she dosnt like her, then she can go elsewhere, youre better off without her!:irked:

How dare she?
For a start if she had an "infection on every nail" then why did the nail tech apply more extentions??:confused:

Do not let this feeloader tike the p*** hun, she MUST pay for the soak off if you are willing to do it.

It amazes me how some people have so much nerve. As I can see from the replies here, most people aren't like this and are gobsmacked.

Don't let her take advantage of you love. If she says anything about your salon I'm sure others will know what she's like already and disregard. I'd make sure there's no prob with the nails and explain that to her. If she wants a soak off, she'll need to pay the going rate. If she refuses, you should too.

Don't let her bully you. :hug:

TBH she sounds like the sort of person who will badmouth whatever you do, so do what feels right for you NOT her:hug:

Latest posts

Back