Customer complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara1993

Reaction score
I coloured one of my customers hair last month she had very dark hair and wanted it lightened I explained it wouldn't be as light as she wanted it first time and it might feel dry so to use regular treatments etc. I used 20vol and bleach and checked them every 10mins. The hair was fine no problems at all. She has now messaged me 4 weeks later saying another hairdresser has had to re cut it as her hair was extremely dry and brittle. This wasn't the case when she left my salon and now she wants her money back. Should I give her it back knowing it's been 4 weeks and another stylist has touched her hair?

If you are confident that you carried out the service correctly and gave her the correct aftercare, then no chance.

The hair might have been in a sorry state 4 weeks later but it's unlikely to it be due to the service you did, is it?

At a guess, she might not have been prepared to wait for her next appointment to go lighter and has tried a DIY bleach job. That would explain why it needed cutting off.

You could ask her to come in so you can take a sample cutting to be sent off and checked as you can't believe that the products you used could have caused any damage. You won't see her for dust.

She should have come back to you and given you a chance to see her hair , I would say because you haven't Coke back to me I haven't been able to check your hair etc and refunds have a procedure or something along that line . I wouldn't refund if they didn't even give me a chance to do something X

I coloured one of my customers hair last month she had very dark hair and wanted it lightened I explained it wouldn't be as light as she wanted it first time and it might feel dry so to use regular treatments etc. I used 20vol and bleach and checked them every 10mins. The hair was fine no problems at all. She has now messaged me 4 weeks later saying another hairdresser has had to re cut it as her hair was extremely dry and brittle. This wasn't the case when she left my salon and now she wants her money back. Should I give her it back knowing it's been 4 weeks and another stylist has touched her hair?

So it took her 4 weeks to decide this.

No refund.

She should have come to you BEFORE the other salon cut it, regardless of the time since her appointment. No chance would I refund.

No refund.

To add to this she's probably battered her hair... Or shes just a lying money grabber.

No refund.

Thanks so much everyone I did think all of this I would never leave anything that late to want my money back. And I know for a fact her hair was absolutely fine when she left the salon

I always tell my bleach clients to lay of the heat for a few weeks after lightening, that they need a mask for once a week and stress that if they don't they will get breakage, I find if you stress these points if they don't listen it's there fault,I bet your client has been heat styling it a load and is then blaming you!

We've just had a similar experience in the salon where a client rung up 8 weeks later to tell us her hair is ruined and demanded her money back. Considering she was happy when she left and never had a problem until 2 months later, it was her local hairdresser (she was on holiday here when she had her hair done,) who got it into her head that her hair was destroyed and ''wouldn't never be able to have bleach on her hair ever again''
Generally after that amount of time we wouldn't give a refund, however this woman was so rude and nasty we sent her a cheque in the post to be done with it. She was threatening to travel down and cause a scene in the salon in front of our clients so thought it was best to pay her off to get rid.
I'm sure some people try this on so they use their refund to pay for another set of highlights 2 months down the line!!

Latest posts

Back